Movies and TV shows thread

W, can’t wait.

Netflix might be absolute mid in live action, but their animation is incredible

Blue Eye Samurai is so good y’all go watch it, and there’s also Pluto which I’m seeing people recommend. Both recent releases.

1 Like

Yeah, Netflix is killing it with the animated shows.

Hope Gears of War will be just as good.

1 Like

Se7en comes to mind as I recently watched it, probably the best detective thriller and set a standard in the genre for many to follow and honestly no one’s come close yet.

4 Likes

They also have a Grounded show in work right?

2 Likes

Ah yes thanks, haven’t watched that in forever! :blush:

1 Like

Dam, things are looking dire for marvel movies.

I just saw captain marvel…most boring MCU movie ever.

My wife wants to go see the marvels. Free tickets so whatever…

Did you liked it? O.o

Fargo season 5 seems to make a great comeback after two meh seasons.

Meanwhile, Loki continues to be the best MCU story ever.

3 Likes

The cinematography of the Loki finale was incredible.

Also recently watched Copland and Sea of Love. Copland is one of Stallone’s best roles, and the Al Pacino + John Goodman combo in Sea of Love was awesome. Rewatched Wind River recently too, and that movie is simply one of the best crime thrillers out there.

Any thoughts on the Last Airbender trailer? I thought it looked really good.

Yes, it looks surprisingly convincing

It looks pretty damn good. I haven’t watched A:TLA in a decade and a half, but the best part of the material shown being that I instantly recognized parts as what I remembered from the story. This holds potential!

Movie of the year right there!

Wish received very harsh reviews:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wish_2023

Quite the year for Disney :grimacing:

Disney and even Pixar animations haven’t been hitting the same lately. They lost a lot of their creativity and their style went out of style for me.

Disney should have WISHED for a better 100th year anniversary slate. :phil_lmao:

3 Likes

Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning was incredible, this series keeps getting better somehow, it’s on a better level of blockbuster action than anything else yet it’s sadly not as popular and successful, I realize Barbie Oppenheimer really ate a big piece of the pie with this one unfortunately.

2 Likes