Movies and TV shows thread

I don’t know where the money goes but god bless lol.

Really enjoying this new Stranger Things season though, exceeded my expectations so far.

1 Like

Man this S4 of Stranger things was great , both in writing and film making. Gonna look forward to all of Duffer brother’s projects now .

Morbius re-release flops again in cinemas (digitalspy.com)

So before I think it is fair to say that the Morbius memes have been elevated to God tier now, as they actually managed to get Sony execs to think the film had become popular and they could make money off it :sweat_smile:.

I probably am the only one that actually had a good time with watching this in the cinema? I honestly didn’t thought it was as bad as many seem to be finding it.

But their Brand Engagement is through the roof. :rofl:

1 Like

And that is great if you enjoyed it, truly, but the wider public has slammed this movie. You can lean into how bad a movie is and make money off it, but the way Sony went about it is not it lol.

I cannot believe they managed to have the movie flop twice.

Sony are making 2 more movies that are most probably going to flop as well , El muerto and the Kraven movie ( Kraven in the movie looks nothing like comics kraven ) .

Watched Ms Marvel episode 1 . Easily the most creative and better written episode 1 of all MCU shows . It was more creative than half of MCU content combined . Looking forward to the next episode .

That’s surprising. Trailer seemed like a Kids Disney show.

1 Like

Ikr . Watched it on a whim . Totally surprised me .

I watched it too. My experience couldnt be the most direct opposite of yours. I was expecting it to be a bit like Marvel’s Runaways which is also teenager superhero show that was available on Hulu but may also be on Disney+ now.

The biggest issue I have with this Ms Marvel show is the writing of the character is severely and entirely off the mark. She’s supposed to be at least a 16 year old, as exhibited by her taking a drivers license test. Instead she is written as more of a 12 year old. If there is any hope for the series and any movies tied to it, her character needs to do a massive amount of growing up and maturing. As it stands now in episode 1, it is so bad to barely be watchable. This was the absolute worst written Marvel show, based on the first episode.

Also, it seems they changed her origin story, at least compared to what was presented in Marvel’s Avengers game that focused extensively on MsMarvel.

yea they completely changed her origin story from the comics ( never played the game ) . Her elastic powers tied directly to her story and character . It sucks and Ive complained about it a lot on twitter when they first showed the trailer but it is what it is . Ive heard some things so Ill judge that part when the show ends .

As for the 16 years old written as a 12 years old part , I didnt catch that / didnt bother me because she is like that in the comics as well .

I am curious how they proceed with her origin story too. I’m fine with it being different provided they address this aspect: I hope the arm bracer is not what gives her the powers but is merely an enhancer that is drawing out latent ability. I really dont want her to be a Batman character where it all comes down to that piece of equipment.

As for the age thing, in The Runaways they were in HighSchool too, and despite having a lot of them gather together they made awefully stupid decisions all the time appropriate for older teens, yet somehow succeeded despite of it. My fear is the MsMarvel series will be nothing but a long series of mistakes made by the main character using the mental capacity and behavior of a 12 year old. That will outstay its welcome.

December on Netflix

Production looks good . Tho ngl Im tired of this artstyle .

Seems similar to Dota, right?

its similar to a lot of stuff coming out for the last few years .

Hmmm, I see. I haven’t been watching much of those animated series. More like only anime.

Even a lot of anime have similar artstyles to this . Isekai genre in particular . This artstyle is probably easier to do and saves time .

Season 1 was incredible. Can not wait for more Vinland Saga

1 Like