Movies and TV shows thread

True .

Ah, I see. Good to know. I wouldn’t mind a repeat of that, as long as 5 ends in that year.

Was just thinking of Season 5 of Stranger Things today and what possible ways they could take it…

I love the show, but I feel they have kind of boxed themselves in with how crazy things have gotten in Hawkins. Like it’s always just on the kids, as well as Hopper, Joyce and now Murray to deal with this stuff all by their lonesome. How the hell could that be the case this time?

With how nuts shit has gotten and now we’re going to have a giant anime-style monster stomping around, how do the writers logically have the government and miltary stay out of this and it falls to L and the gang? I don’t see it, but I’m afraid they will try to make that the case again, because that formula has worked so well. At this point though, things have been taken too far for that to make any sense anymore

We shall see what they do

2 Likes

The military is already involved . Tho the chief of army staff believes that El is the monster .

NOPE movie getting good reactions . Really excited .

3 Likes

Just finished Ozarks. Glad Ruth kept her composure all the way to the end. She was the real star of that show

Gonna have to wait for it on streaming or Blu-ray unfortunately. But anyway, not surprised, I trust Jordan Peele! Get Out and US were fantastic.

1 Like

True but people are saying dont expect something like Get Out or US .

I havent watched last 2 episodes of Ozarks . My sub expired and I havent renewed it yet . Gonna wait till it gets more shows that I want to watch .

I think it would have the overarching horror dark comedy with social commentary themes overall

My prediction is military will be there for some defensive posturing, crowd control on town evacuation, and it will fall to L to use her powers for mass scale healing, kind of Captain Planet style, where everything bad will turn into friendly and loving birds and butterflies and fireflies.

El just gotta do what One does , reverse hive mind that shit . We will probably get something like energy bending from Avatar the last airbender last fight.

This is precisely the biggest issue I had with Season 4; it relies too much on a formula that they’ve repeated with every season. It was immediately more apparent, and tiresome, after running through the previous 3 seasons like Catherine and I did before 4 came out. An overabundance of conflict threads that either get dropped immediately or overstay its welcome (Christy’s stupid boyfriend and the Satanic Panic overlay, for example), despite the season not needing them at all to be a compelling narrative (hell, the aforementioned boyfriend is also eerily similar to the Steve and Billy storylines, in function). I still love show and enjoyed this season (I actually loved the fact that Hawkins ended in the state that it did, for example), but I hope season 5 is tighter and takes more risks that deviate from their usual formula.

1 Like

That’s nice. It’s one of those movies where the trailers didn’t do much for me, especially the thing that they all fear in the trailer…but I’m definitely checking it out.

Loved Get Out, not so much Us.

Right they’re involved as far as being a nuscance to L

They don’t know about, or belived anything needs to be done for the city of Hawkins

1 Like

:phil_lmao:

2 Likes

@Friday

Why is there so much controversy and negativity around the Lord of The Rings show? I’m seeing the dislikes and comments on YouTube and damn there’s some really extreme stuff going on. Is this just the usual anger because they’re taking liberty with the story and lore and adding a more diverse cast?

The trailers look great from a production standpoint while we can’t say much whether it will be a well made show overall story and performance wise yet… Don’t people get tired of being angry all the time about things they haven’t even seen.

1 Like

This is the main reason . People like The Quartering will be all over this shit .

other people may have valid reasons tho idk .