More details about PlayStation Spartacus tiers

This only forces Xbox to not rest on their laurels and buy more studios

What are the games available for game trails?

Are these Sony first party or any game launching on PS?

The most sustainable form of content is internal IP. I understand everyone wants third party games but a better model is having tons of first party games a year

1 Like

I wonder if Shadow Warrior 3 is a indication of what we can expect. Or if they will have bigger stuff. PS is the bigger platform, more people have one, will this make it easier for them to get better deals and more cheap than what Xbox needs to pay for it? And if it’s going to be a money matter Xbox shouldn’t have a problem.

With the exception of a few day 1games we haven’t had many yet, big ones that is, majority is a few months or several months old. Will Sony be able to get better ones and faster because of their position? This remains to be seen.

Nobody knows at this time.

Just “trials”

Could be first party, could be every new 3rd party game, could be select 3rd party games.

Nobody knows.

1 Like

Can you seriously stop being concerned for one moment? Remember, you’re talking about an organization that will soon be three publishers under one roof, two of the largest and one that has some of the most consistent successes out there. We just saw Atlus announce a game for Xbox for the first time since Catherine. Things are moving in a direction certainly but not in the way you constantly sow concern they are. You’ve got to stop ignoring data to stir the pot when it’s completely unfounded.

14 Likes

Sony is not interested in competing with Microsoft’s wallet for Game Pass. I do not think they are going to suddenly have the same cadence as game pass and am pretty confident it will just be the same as PS PLUS.

My brain is broken and will never allow to not be concerned… So probably not.

Sorry.

Or in meme form:

1 Like

Has Sony had day 1 titles on PS Now before?

There is a reason some of us aren’t upset when they buy a publisher, put their games on Game Pass but they aren’t .

There’s also a reason that Xbox has a thousand XGSP games in the works.

When third party gets harder to get, you rely more on content you own.

Some pople should also realize and internalize that now matter how powerful MS and Xbox are they’re still stuff that were not gonna get. And that’s ok and the nature of everything, and in return we should look objectively and see that there will be much more stuff coming to Xbox and GP. I mean like you said, the biggest 1st party organization/s by a mile or more. You might “lose” something here and there but gain 2x or 3x there.

6 Likes

Third party becomes internal IP if you buy it :laughing: More acquisitions!

Yes. The thing that bothers me most about the discourse is when Xbox “loses” something. Sony moneyhats KOTOR? How could Xbox let this happen!!! Xbox simply cannot get everything and that is okay and should not cause anyone to be “concerned”.

5 Likes

There’s also a “grass is greener” syndrome going on that leads some to believe “Sony gets everything” and “Xbox gets nothing in return”, for some reason that also ignores all the acquisitions that objectively lead to Xbox gaining games and PS losing games. But some here just don’t think that’s comparable :confused:

5 Likes

“I am tired of Sony getting everything and MS playing nice and giving everything away!”

Microsoft buys 18 studios in 2 years that will all make exclusive games including Activision-Blizzard that most likely makes a ton of exclusive games

10 Likes

Well, KOTOR situation was a shame to be honest.

1 Like

We do not even know the quality of this game, and it is timed for one year, a “shame” is a stretch. I can understand being dissapointed.

1 Like

Also, a remake, and a genre that will be served to its peak for Xbox fans this generation :philwins:

1 Like

Sony has a glaring hole in RPGs, so they will continue to make deals to get more of those games on the service.

Should pretty solid quality. Sony rarely moneyhate flukes.

I would rather prefer announcement of KOTOR remake for Xbox anniversary, launching Day 1 in Game Pass.

I hope Xbox will make deals to get more JRPGs on the service.

1 Like