Microsoft is ramping up investment in Chinese video game content according to reports

Xbox controller is basically a default controller for PC.

1 Like

Sony knows Microsoft’s weakness is 3rd person action games especially eastern inspired ones.

It should be obvious for Microsoft that these are the sort of games they should be moneyhatting.

2 Likes

For example, Where the winds Meet.

It probably is a bit tricky though, because something like Black Myth does have that “too good to be true” thing going for it. Well, the very first footage and that from a studio nobody had heard about yet (if I’m not mistaken) or mostly from small mobile stuff. But at the same time, who knows, maybe they will pull it off and we get a awesome game.

A while ago I did see a video about the many Asian games that never saw the light of day, did get a bombastic reveal.

1 Like

Where winds meet is exactly the sort of game they should be trying to get.

It is PC game though only for now. Microsoft got Naraka for Xbox and Sword and Fairy too like Sony. They got soulslike with Lies of P.

Microsoft knows about their problems.

Granted not all of it is exclusive.

Yeah, it looked cool during the announcement and with the extended trailer too

Though it is only for PC right now.

1 Like

Ah yes, you are right. Forgot it was PC only right now. As for Black Myth, we did get new gameplay this year. And I believe the plan was to release in 2023. We’ll see. For all we know it turns out to be a myth, lol.

Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised. No proof of this but back in May, my friend told me that Black Myth Wukong and Project Eve (now known as Stellar Blade) were going to be full console exclusives for PlayStation 5. Stellar Blade is and I wouldn’t be shocked if BMW ends up being the same.

Worse part is that despite being a nobody, I believe my friend because he’s literally more accurate than most insiders and I don’t know how. All he ever tells me is that he researches a lot of shit. Twitter, Reddit, that job profile website and other shit. He told me back in 2020 that there were multiple Silent Hill games in development. I told him he was nuts and said Konami is dead with console gaming. Yet, he turned out to be right even though it took over two years later for him to be right but he was still right.

Currently, he tells me of an MGS remake which he’s also mentioned for almost two years and that it would be a PS5 timed exclusive. he also believes there’s multiple MGS games in development like Silent Hill. And I can’t say he’s nuts because he’s already proven to be right. He’s literally 90%+ accurate and im like 20% accurate. It sucks. lol

Point of what im saying is that if not exclusive yet, Microsoft needs to go get that game. Looks amazing and if it plays as good as it looks, could be a huge hit.

Agreed. But don’t be surprised if Sony pays for it.

1 Like

Same. Have no idea either.

We need to filter chinese games in Game Pass (we don’t have many) and the one we expect a sequel…

95% Chinese video games are garbage. They shouldn’t have wasted their budget.

Silent Hill and MGS games have been rumoured for years

We’ve been hearing forever about multiple SH games and an MGS3 remake, your friend just keeps up to date with rumors like many of us

Dumb take and even if it was true, MS can fund good stuff coming from there

1 Like

Agreed. Either way, he gets a lot of shit right where as I usually laugh and say no chance. lol

Pretty funny difference between then and now with Genshin getting so big:

Lots of, um, let’s say “celebratory” posts that Genshin is not coming to Xbox. This was before the game was big (I think this was pre-release even)

Now that the game is really big: “Darn you Sony!!!”

I think Microsoft could make deal for Tower of Fantasy and give them more funding if they want a Genshin competitor.

What thell has GI on xbox got to do with Asian markets?

This game makes a ton of money outside Asia.

Dumb reason just come out and say Sony blocked the deal through moneyhat. Hate these dumbass lying game developers.

Also They’ve pretty much cancelled the the switch version and Sony paid for that too. Just come out and say it. MAkes 0 sense why this game hasn’t come out on Switch yet

1 Like

The fact it’s not on switch is super suspect. Ignoring the switch market is crazy right now. It’s free money basically.

Anyways I heard persona 5 is doing well on Xbox. Hopefully that bolds well for the future.

1 Like

Maybe exclusivity of some sorts, considering there’s a semi-announced Switch port that never came out.

Even if p5 does well or not on pc xbox ro switch…bottom line is it was ps exclusive for over 5 years. Thats unacceptable for a 3rd party game thst sony paid absolutely nothing for. Now i understsnd why the xbox one never got it but p5 should have been ported to pc and switch before this current gen.

Sega need grow a pair and start taking control over atlus.

Stick to making good games (because you make better rpgs than SE has doe for 20 years) and we will deal with where it goes.

1 Like

Sad to see. I wish the West would look to do less and less business with this vile evil government or should that read dictatorship …