Microsoft in talks with Discord over $10 billion+ acquisition

I think too yes, it would be the cheaper option out of all the ones they explored lately.

Damn, Satya is probably DM him :laughing:

1 Like

Brad Sams in one of the last Videos said that Microsoft was spending a lot of money in the recent period, the last of which was 7.5 billion, and he think they will even spend more , He assured that Perhaps nothing will happen Because the talks fall apart all the time .

And back to 2018 Brad Sams said he heard MS is looking at Discord for acquisition

So I will not be surprised if negotiations are back again

2 Likes

Jez thinks Microsoft could indeed end up acquiring Discord.

5 Likes

If MS is aiming at Discord, their vision of the future is immense.

with all the shit that goes on in discord groups MS is gonna need an army of overseers :fearful:

3 Likes

It would really make sense.

1 Like

its perfect really, discord would just become the consumer version of teams.

To be VERY clear, I am not saying they would take the teams app, rename it discord then replace the current discord app with it. I just mean that discord would become their consumer facing communication platform, with teams being their organisation focused one. I’m sure they could even add things like cross messaging if they wanted

5 Likes

You can even stream games on Discord.

2 Likes

join your friends through xcloud?

that thing Stadia kinda promised through youtube

3 Likes

Possible, it could be a big promotion for xCloud and Game Pass.

2 Likes

Discord Nitro as a part of Game Pass

2 Likes

after the deal is done tell them to bring snacks(publisher) on their way home.

1 Like

fr though i think Amazon have high chance acquiring discord but let wait and see how this will pan out

Amazon is a huge competitor due to Twitch, but MS cannot miss that opportunity either. Having Discord will allow to use it as leverage for streaming services like Facebook Streaming or Twitch.

1 Like

If MS buy Discord, how would they grow it and how would they monetize it ?

Just buy putting it on Xbox consoles and if they add Nitro perk to Game Pass it will already provide a boost. With their expansion towards various consumer facing market, Discord would be a perfect fit.

They missed a huge opportunity with Twitch in the past - but old Microsoft would not handle it well and it could have ended like Skype. New Microsoft - is a separate matter.

1 Like

If that is true maybe we get 10 billion for discord and 40 for steam :eyes:

Rather see 25 million spent on take 2, but sure get both :wink:

2 Likes

If MS buys discord for $10+bn it won’t be solely for their gaming wing

4 Likes