Microsoft in talks with Discord over $10 billion+ acquisition

Think big. If this is ever successful they could use discord as a streaming platform and use the “pass” as amazon “prime”.

1 Like

This is exactly why MS coud be interested. Discord would help bring new tech to improve MS products.

Not sure about that. Discord is not that profitable at all.

I didn’t heard it in a podcast, but I think you mentioned it on a thread in response to an italian insider stating that Microsoft wanted to put Discord on Xbox, and you said you heard some rumblings about MS and Discord, but you didn’t know what it was.

Yeah I recall saying it ok the podcast too. Just can’t remember when.

Found it

7 Likes

Thanks, I was trying to look for it too :smile:

1 Like

I’d rather they use the $11 Billion for Discord to buy out Square Enix and any other moneyhat recipients.

2 Likes

Microsoft can easily do both (in terms of having enough money).

2 Likes

If they wanted to buy Tiktok for 50b, they will use that money on someone else. So 10b for Discord, 25b for T2, 5b for Sega and 10b for SE :grin:

2 Likes

This is very narrow minded. This purchase would be for the future. Gaming is going to be (or is) the most important entertainment media down the line and having a proper social platform is key.

50 billion for Tik Tok had little to do with Xbox.

1 Like

This guy is funny

2 Likes

I know but definitely they will use that money on something, so hopefully they don’t forget Xbox.

Hahaha this one is good lol

:laughing:

It’s over inflated. Discord could easily be the next MySpace.

1 Like

It might it might not.

I believe they are building out Teams for a better social focus, for friends and families. I don’t know how far along they are with that or how extensive their changes are. I could see them swap Xbox Network Functionality over to using Teams on the backend for all the texting and chatting and sharing of pics and videos. The users wouldn’t know it was really Teams unless they push the “powered by Teams” aspect.

Discord is already entrenched in various communities. Teams is nowhere near there. On each website basically you can find Patreon and Discord lol

1 Like