Microsoft Flight Simulator lands July 27 on Xbox Series X|S; free Top Gun: Maverick expansion coming November 19

Originally published at: Microsoft Flight Simulator lands July 27 on Xbox Series X|S; free Top Gun: Maverick expansion coming November 19 - XboxEra

Originally released on August 18, 2020 for Windows 10 PCs, Microsoft Flight Simulator is finally coming to Xbox Series X|S on July 27.

Xbox Series X|S players can pre-order and pre-install the game now and expect the same level of depth as the PC version, with the most authentic and realistic flight simulator we have ever created. And, of course, as with all Xbox Game Studios games, it is available for all Game Pass subscribers!

From light planes to wide-body jets, you’ll test your piloting skills against the challenges of real-time weather, including accurate worldwide cloud cover and cloud layers, wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain, and lightning – all in a dynamic and living world. With the power of satellite data and cloud-based AI, you’ll travel the entire planet in amazing detail with over 37,000 airports, 2 million cities, 1.5 billion buildings, real mountain ranges, roads, trees, rivers, animals, traffic, and more.

Microsoft has also announced a brand new free expansion based on the upcoming Top Gun: Maverick movie, scheduled to be released on November 19.

5 Likes

New Case, Who Dis?

5 Likes

And when will the semi naked pilots playing Volleyball expansion be coming?

Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Haha, I thought that Top Gun expansion was Ace Combat for a second.

4 Likes

I am so excited to play this one from the couch on the big screen. Unreal that we can play something like this on a $500 console.

6 Likes

Really looking forward to finally playing this. The download size has been massively reduced as well.

Time to start buzzing some towers!

2 Likes
6 Likes

Looks stunning, really excited to crash into my hometown.

5 Likes

Interested in how this’ll play with just an Xbox controller. Cause I know using a controller on PC there’s still stuff you can do with a keyboard. Will the controls be dumbed down for console?

Finally! Game looks stunning as always. I just want to know with which flight sticks this will be compatible with. They should just allow compatibility with USB PC sticks. That would be awesome.

I feel tempted in buying the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One to play this game.

1 Like

Looking forward to it, Screenshot the game, while I buzz Penshaw Monument. :slight_smile:

So nice, to finally see those 12 Teraflops at long last being utilised

I think this game and Horizon 5 will shut up those asking for games that showcase the tower of power :wink:.

2 Likes

I quite agree

2 Likes

It’s even crazier that we can play it on a $300 console.

I can’t wait for this game.

2 Likes

My kids are wanting this to drop as much as me, and seeing that they only play Minecraft, Among us and Roblox I’d say it’s a pretty big feat. Looks awesome.

1 Like

Glad I have the 65CX. :slight_smile:

My guess is that they will target 1080p but dial back a few settings. As far as I am aware, the game gets really demanding if you start to crank the settings.