Microsoft: Considering buying more Xbox Game Studios; More investment into Game Pass to come; Bethesda will run semi-independently

Remedy? Bungie?

Think bigger… think Capcom.

The hints from the XboxEra podcast folks here suggested it wasn’t publishers.

1 Like

About these two studios, are they still in talk with MS, or are they already being bought ?

I think the suggestion was the deals were done and awaiting announcement, with one possibly being as soon as this weekend. Supposedly.

Yeah mate, not sure of their track record, but we’ll see. Anways we’ll know about MS’s next acquisition by the end of the year

Maybe a Japanese developer that could be announced at the Showcase on Thursday.

What do you guys think about Crytek, Hunt showdown is a perfect game for gamepass and could finally give us Ryse 2

I would say yes please just so we can ge Ryse 2

1 Like

If they want another publisher:

• Sega or Capcom

Indie Studios:

• Fighting Game Studio for Killer Instinct ( Iron Galaxy or hire the people from Double Helix from Amazon )
  • Asobo
  • Larian
  • CyberConnect2
  • Mistwalker
  • Hazelight
  • IO Interactive
  • Dontnod
  • Techland
  • Bungie

:green_heart:

4 Likes

I love the recent Hitman games. But after 3 of them in a short span, I’d be fine with them doing something new.

Giant Bomb talked again this week (and they’ve done it a few times) that they heard that almost happened, but Monster Hunter: World saved the company.

wow really, do you have a link of where they said that?

I wonder if theyll try again now…

Capcom’s on an even hotter streak since MH, so I doubt it. But then again I doubted Bethesda, so who knows.

3 Likes

This is really nuts

Buy them all! ALL!

I have a feeling the Poland rumors are true then and might see more than one acquisition before the year is up. 25 studios is a beautiful number to end with.

Its going to be Capcom.

It makes sense, given their relationship with Capcom Vancouver.

It makes sense given they tried in the past.

Yes, Capcom is on a hot streak now, but, I don’t think Capcom is as much money as Bethesda. You also have to remember this is a Microsoft focused move, so all that Tik Tok money is ready to go.

It would round out their gamepass offering incredibly well.

Stuff like Asobo, Dontnod, Techland etc makes sense as well, but now that Satya is out there and this is a Microsoft centered move, not Xbox, he’s trying to build an unbeatable roster of software and studios to deliver a netflix amount of steady content. Clearly he wants it to be at the top of the hill when all of these other players start entering. Essentially making it impossible to be toppled when that happens.

1 Like

Capcom is a great dev, great engine, great outpout, great portfolio, everything’s great lol

Except Resident Evil 3 Remake, that game was triceratop testicles