Microsoft and Samsung have a special partnership for Xbox Game Pass on Android - The Verge

Microsoft is partnering with Samsung to include a special version of the Xbox Game Pass app in Samsung’s Galaxy Store. This version will allow Xbox players to redeem tokens and make in-app purchases like buying skins or DLC items in the Xbox Store.

Alongside this Xbox Game Pass app, Samsung is also offering a gaming bundle for the Galaxy Note 20 that includes three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PowerA’s MOGA XP5-X Plus. The controller is made with the game streaming (xCloud) part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in mind, and it can keep your phone charged while you game.

Here’s the official Xbox Wire post

4 Likes

Dayum! That’s a pretty big market. I have to wonder if Samsung TVs will get an Xbox Game Pass app at some point. Streaming games straight from the TV.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure they will. Microsoft will transition from Xbox One S blades to Series X blades in 2021 (maybe they have some delay due COVID into 2022) and this will bring xCloud to PC’s and other devices.

1 Like

XCloud will be in PCs this year. Already stated by Microsoft and there an app out there being tested. :slight_smile: No need to wait for Series X chips.

2 Likes

I don’t think Microsoft will bring xCloud to the big screen before they have Series X up and running in their datacentres. But maybe they can crank up their Xbox One S offering to 1080p, which would make it acceptable. 720p… meh.

1 Like

You can update resolution later. I’m just stating that Microsoft stated those words.

1 Like

I was already thinking about moving away from IPhone to android and this makes it more appealing.

1 Like

Hmm, they must have made a partnership with samsung to forego the 30% cut, that they couldn’t on Play store.

I imagine in the future that special version will also allow to purchase games right away.

1 Like

Yeah, 100%

1 Like

I wish they were bundling the Kishi instead. The additional Bluetooth lag is very noticeable on top of the streaming lag.

Yeah, but I guess the Kishi is a little expensive for a bundle.

I just got a really short cable. Worked a treat.

I was completely wrong thinking it had to do with XCloud is pre-installed on their TVs. But I still think it will come eventually.

They are, not sure for day one launch, but a few weeks ago Ms said 1080p streaming was right around the corner.

“Unprecedented partnership”,eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

From the article, condensed in a tweet by @tomwarren

I hadn’t even thought about that! Imagine xCloud and a free 3 months of Game Pass being on every new Windows machine… 0.0

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s what is going to happen even on the mobile side. Buy a new Samsung phone for example & get Gamepass included directly in the monthly fee.

1 Like

Was a typo: I meant TVs

1 Like