Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Call of Duty

World of Warcraft

Crash Bandicoot

Overwatch

Starcraft

Diablo

Tony Hawk

Spyro

Candy Crush

Seikro?

Skylander

True Crimes

Tenchu

Geometry Wars

Might be missing some

10 Likes

alright it’s been two hours. When is Microsoft going to acquire someone new?

2 Likes

Secret agent Mike Ybarra :joy:

4 Likes

it’s a net gain for MS in regards to their goals. and overwatch 2 isn’t even out yet lmao and won’t be for a while yet.

How many total studios is Activision/Blizzard?

5 Likes

I personally dont see xbox gutting Warzone but the other campaign stuff? Wait and see I guess.

3 Likes

This is a really big deal. Huge number of teams across already distinct teams. Add this to the Bethesda teams and it has potential for huge output.

Even if Call of Duty isn’t exclusive, it being day one on Game Pass will cause a huge shift. Oh boy…

8 Likes

I’m going to be honest from a game standpoint this means way less to me than Zenimax but from a platform standpoint it’s bigger than anything I ever imagined.

10 Likes

I really don’t think they’ll make COD exclusive.

I realize what I said is very simplified and I know it’s much more complex in reality but I think generally is understood that MS (like Google for example) can benefit themselves and benefit other corporations (or at least not hurt their business) at the same time, since MS is largely business to business, they need other business to actually do well for them to be customers to MS.

This like a heavy blow on there head… Give them time to understand this

1 Like

Pretty much means Hexen / Heretic is owned by Microsoft now, between Zenimax and Activision should be no issues. It was said one owned the publishing right while the other owned development rights.

2 Likes

What the actual fuck did I just wake up to.

they should, this is best system seller here.

Looks like the deal might close by June 2023 and the earliest July 1st 2022.

7 Likes

Also that marketing deal is not being renewed at the very least lol.

2 Likes

What the fuck.

1 Like

Yeah. I think this will take longer than the Zenimax deal.

5 Likes