Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

You know what, that’s a legit possibility. I’m actually pretty excited now.

2 Likes

What IP does Activision own???

1 Like

Blur. enough said

3 Likes

A silence for the ‘no big publisher’ , ‘no troubled companies’ ‘no big acquisition’ , ’ no COD’ and etc etc believers

It’s Xbox… Gamepass Monster

Nothing is gonna come close to it in console space

11 Likes

I cannot even wrap my brain around this

9 Likes

The whole Korean strategy gaming market.

2 Likes

It just hit me they’ll own the Blizzard store now, maybe they can use that for Game Pass games and MS games.

1 Like

Just last week I was talking about why arent old cod games on game pass lmao.

1 Like

68 Billion Dollars is more than half of Sony’s market cap. This is a massive deal and Microsoft are paying a 45% premium to the share price last traded price. I think this deal might get knocked back by regulators.

2 Likes

Rod Ferguson is back at MS!!!

Season 11 Reaction GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

4 Likes

Personally this doesnt mean THAT much for me unless they can get all those great studios back making games instead of farming out more CoD, plus im not on PC so Warcraft and whatnot means nothing to me

That’s what I was thinking as well! Also let Raven create something of their own instead of being map makers for COD pls. There are a lot of talent there so hopefully Phil will let those people create what they want.

2022 definitely starts with a bang though isn’t it? holy shit! :phil_lmao:

I have no idea if this business, industry works like this but could this give Xbox leverage over certain things? Maybe Phil won’t do it, but in theory he could ask of them to slow down with their timed exclusivity deals for something like FF or any other games “or else…”?

I’m kinda hoping that will happen, because if not, and they DO keep THEIR biggest franchise on competitor’s platforms…why?

Im just stating facts :woman_shrugging: These IPs where more lucative bevore. A/B mishandled Overwatch 2 pretty bad and WoW is on a steep downward trend. To turn this around will not be easy.

The possibilities …

It’s also not just IPs but Xbox has just agreed to purchase a shit ton of developers to make games for Xbox. I just don’t see how anyone can compete from a production basis with this deal.

6 Likes

I think that is a very naive view of how Microsoft works.

Candy Crush is Activision right?

Yes

Yes, King.

1 Like