Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Warzone is COD so yeah maineline probably not after deal closes and any existing contracts ends

…lets not turn the thread into a competition to see who can say the silliest things.

No they don’t they pretend to or else they would not let Disney get Fox lol

3 Likes

He could just say that he intended to honor all existing contracts then. No need to say “desire to keep Call of Duty on Playstation. Sony is an important part of our industry, and we value our relationship”.

he would need content if Sony agree on GP for PS5.

They let Disney BUY FOX and Im supposed to think an acquisition that will make xbox third in revenue in its own competition sector will take scrutiny.

Sure.

2 Likes

16 Likes

I don’t think that this is about anti-trust. I guess that MS just ran the numbers and saw that keeping Cod on PS would make more money. That or they wish to pressure Sony to get Game Pass on PS.

The reactions here if this falls through is going to be just as funny as the ones when it got announced, people acting like it’s a done deal easy 70 BILLION dollar deal that all governments across the globe will be happy with and shareholders, the deal will be done and dusted in the next few months :sweat_smile:

I’m just bing level headed and saying there could be a chance of it not happening, then I get told I have no brains, like hot damn no chill, I think it’ll most likely go through but it’s not just a lick the stamp and send it deal that’s not complex. Hate how these discussions always turn like that quickly.

3 Likes

If you want to talk about market consolidation, the music and film industry is the definition of it.

For all the talk of how the free market is the cornerstone of Capitalism, you actually find the Capitalism encourages market consolidation and makes it inevitable unless regulators prevent it, which ironically is not the market being free lol.

1 Like

Desire to keep Call of Duty on Playstation means Warzone will stay on playstation it a classic PR Move just go back and look at Bethesda buyout PR moves before the deal closes.

4 Likes

If this was about money we would see Redfall and Starfield hit Playstation day 1.

2 Likes

2 Likes

You are confusing anti-competitive practices (illegal) with monopolies (not illegal). No, they won’t have a monopoly nor anything remotely close to it. That does not mean making CoD Xbox-only would be kosher since it would position them to control whether Sony’s ecosystem can be healthy or not directly. Having influence over that indirectly as a competitor is fine, but having direct control over whether Sony’s ecosystem has to endure a gaping hole from its dominant revenue generating franchise disappearing? That is something that regulators would pick away at.

1 Like

Phil never said something as explicit as this on the Bethesda deal.

1 Like

Sony will be aight with Warzone dont worry.

Also wasnt call of duty finished yesterday? Lol

1 Like

Exact same language usedwith Bethesda, as soon as the deal is final, we will find out

2 Likes

True. But notice how he specifically mentioned talking to Sony leaders and talking about CoD. With Bethesda he didn’t specifically mention The Elder Scrolls, Fallout , Srarfield etc and say it was his desire to put or keep it on PlayStation.

I guess it can go anywhere from here.

2 Likes

yeah like i said nothing set in the stone yet.