Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Let’s not forget a lot of value for them is in mobile gaming, that’s part of what Xbox will show regulators. Xbox has a very small slice there.

2 Likes

Does Activison own Seikro IP?

1 Like

Does this make Xbox the biggest publisher now? It has to right?

1 Like

I believe so

Thoughts on exclusivity?

Holy amaze balls!

Starcraft Warcraft Diablo

This is insane.

Really not who I wanted them to acquire, but having exclusivity on COD is HUGE

For some much needed perspective for a lot of gamers out there, this deal value is 45% of Sony’s market cap and 3% of MSFT’s market cap. While a megaton deal for MSFT’s games division, it just barely moves the needle on their balance sheet as a whole.

2 Likes

I am thinking everything will be on PC, huge focus on family friendly games being exclusive and then COD multiplat.

Hopefully its on gamepass, and I wonder if they’ll continue IP

But on the other hand, how is that gonna grow Game Pass subs?

But assuming it really will stay a multiplatform franchise, I do hope MS can now go to Sony and just tell them to slow down with their timed deals, lol. Seriously, I am hoping that. MS is being the “nice guy” now if they truly keep it multiplatform.

When Satya said he wanted IP, I didn’t think he was looking at IP this big damn

1 Like

Thought I saw a quote that explicitly said so but maybe people misinterpreted

header

Singularity BC + Game Pass please :pray:

5 Likes

Yeah personally Ubisoft would have floated my boat more.

But uh… can we finally stop panicking every time Sony acquires Firesprite or whatever like “How will Microsoft respond!!!1”

2 Likes

Tony Hawk :v:

shit MS owns Pitfall now /boomer talk

4 Likes

How many games outside their first party do they publish per year?

Kotick is staying until 2023 and then Phil is taking over apparantly

1 Like

Warzone will certainly stay multiplat. Future COD games though? Hmm.

Hoping they can salvage Activision from the mess they have become and move COD away from annual releases, so it can actually take the time it needs. It’d be nice not to have every single studio working on COD. Beenox, Toys for Bob, etc.

6 Likes