Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Nah, Pachter says it will go through with concessions demanding Bethesda games come out on PS5 and Game Pass price stays locked for 10 years. I call BS.

6 Likes

Sign me up for that price lock!

This Pachter guy sounds like a hoot

I was gonna say assh…ouch, which one of you slapped the back of my head? Who do you think you are, a mod? Oh…you are? Ok, fine

4 Likes

I can understand the arguments for concessions on CoD/ABK but Bethesda? wut?

https://imgur.com/a/c91o7op APPLE?! O.o

Hearthstone. Mobile apps.

What has Pachter ever gotten right ? And how can government “demand” a private company to do this ? Any examples ?

Priority number one when the acquisition is complete. Patch crash racing to run at 60fps. Its a crime against gaming

The same Bethesda Sony have time locked games away from Xbox before MS bought them? Yeah MS ain[t putting any bethesda games on PS5(and nor should they) unless its old ports or something

A small next gen upgrade and a PC port would be nice, they could run through the post launch seasons again on pc to give people the chance to unlock stuff. Or hell, dream scenario is they take advantage of the boost in players and start off with a new season of content on both platforms before moving on to repeating the old ones.
I’m less certain that is a good idea and mostly speaking from wanting new content.

3 Likes

You know what I like the most about Hoeg clarifying things in his videos? Seeing the amount of hyperbolic people his videos gather and watching their extreme takes, like this one:

I think if new york sues they will win its not like California’s. it’s clear they are gathering evidence against activision. the fact they stalled tells me they wanted to keep the shareholders from knowing something meaning there is something they are hiding that could kill this deal. the fact they were brushing off NY pensions a big organization tells me they have something they don’t want to show to shareholders that is in clear violation of their fiduciary duty

1 Like

Seems kinda…extreme but I wouldnt be surprised if that were to happen.

Except the part of “supporting” other subscriptions, don’t think MS will be happy with that…but you never know.

1 Like

Jason is out of his depth lol

8 Likes

He was so firm only a week ago, I wonder if his boss gave him a stern talking to after that article

2 Likes

Well…at least he said something “positive” about the acquisition for the first time :stuck_out_tongue:

He said the same thing a week ago. He always felt like the deal was going to go thru which made his article even more befuddling.

I think the COD on other platforms would be the most they ask for but even that I think is unlikely to happen. On other streaming services would be bizarre considering everything that has already happened in the last few years(Disney buying fox, Amazon buying MGM along with the Warner Brothers discovery merger all going through with no issues).

2 Likes

Imagine Disney being forced to put Star Wars and all the Marvel stuff on Netflix/Paramount+/hulu/HBO/Amazon Prime and so on… how stupid does that sound. That isn’t making competition that is getting rid of competition. I do think COD is going to stay on all platforms (because MS chooses to do it) but I think it is stupid and ridiculous to think they will be forced or want to put it on other streaming services.

7 Likes