Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

When your entire personal identity and self worth is built around Playstation being dominant, and MS is doing something that could possibly affect that, it’s not surprising these people act as pathetically as they do. :smile:

24 Likes

Also, time to celebrate with a new avatar.

4 Likes

So this new theory of harm ( or lack there of) means microsoft can basicslly make any non CoD title exclsuive and put games on Gamepass and not have to put them on PS plus.

Seems like team green got everythjng they wanted.

6 Likes

Pushsquare has made for a very interesting last 30 mins of reading

9 Likes

I just found a leaked screenshot of the next Call of Duty. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

18 Likes

Jason Schreier conveniently has nothing to say on today’s news lol.

30 Likes

And so it begins.

10 Likes

I think they could have done that already

The theory of harm only revolved around CoD afaik

Not gonna lie, I’d probably play the hell outta this, even if it’s just for daily achievements/reward points

People will hate on it but it’s a bejewelled reskin and bejewelled games are always fun

I always said this was going to end well no matter what, we are on the last stretch!

The hate boner comes from decades of propaganda by Sony, its influencers, the media (in and out of the games industry because of the antitrust case from the 90s). For all the talk of certain media figures denouncing console wars, they sure as hell spent a lot of years promoting exactly that - largely with an anti-Xbox twinge because “M$ is evil”.

The reality is such a far departure from that, within Xbox at the very least, and one could easily argue (and in many cases, prove) that it’s Sony that’s been the biggest detriment to gaming and the weakest innovator when compared to their counterparts.

32 Likes

So much for all the pro-unionization and pro-welfare of game devs I guess :woozy_face:

Considering MS’ unionization stance and the likelihood for things to improve under Xbox (with new leadership, internal audits, etc.), it’s pretty disgusting to see the bias so transparently. You’d think Xbox employees were directly responsible for cancer existing or some absurdity…

32 Likes

9 Likes

That was a very good and satisfying day.

And not only a good day for Microsoft or ATVI but also for professional laywers and experts who got shit on and character assassinated by some internet keyboard warriors over some shitty plastic box. Seriously, what happened to real professional experts like Hoeg or Foss is embarrassing and shows why more transparency in the video game industry is just not going to happen.

22 Likes

Feel free to use the Knottian.gif :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I’ve used that gif like two dozen times but decided your post was worthy of an Amen :wink:

5 Likes

1 Like

Has Schrier ever written about crunch at PlayStation studios? (This is an honest question. I don’t know)

I know that’s one of his favorite issues, and I know that Playstation does not have a great reputation for crunch. So I would hope that he has covered the issue there - not just at Bethesda, Rockstar, EA, etc.

Edit: Sorry for being off topic. Just realized I was in the ATVI acquisition thread…

10 Likes

Far as I know terms and conditions are much better at MS than Sony, I keep waiting for Jason to write about this but maybe it’s on his to do list?

8 Likes

I think he was the reporter who shone light at the brutal conditions at Naughty Dog. He has strong pro-Sony bias (the meltdown he had over PS5 having lower specs was hilarious), but he is great at his job.

12 Likes

Yes he has written pretty of negative things about Sony.

8 Likes