Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

Very good points I agree completely.

Some really solid points! I will clarify that Bungie isn’t autonomous, Destiny the IP is Bungie’s to do with what they want (though I imagine that is somewhat dictated by contracts that we’ll never get to see as far as which services it’s allowed to be on). They’ve come out and said that Destiny will continue to grow and be available on any platform, but time will tell if we ever see it come back to something like GamePass.

I’ll be working on something about this for the site. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I doubt diminishing the share to zero on Playstation would affect Call of Duty in any meaningful way. You would just have to get an Xbox.

They have pulled Starfield off Playstation and Forza Horizon was never on Playstation…and yet no IP on Playstation has appeared to take their places despite the market being there.

Sony had incentive to make a CoD killer for 17 years now and never did. If Microsoft pulled CoD off Playstation I doubt the platform would ever recover.

Pretty sure all of ABK will be Xbox exclusive ASAP and 10 years down the road Call of Duty shall follow.

1 Like

I’m not really sure what leap of logic gets those conclusions, but if they were true (they’re not) then the deal should honestly be blocked (I don’t think it should).

1 Like

Some game would come along and fill that void on Playstation, and bring cross-platform would likely result in pulling players from CoD so folks can play with their friends.

2 Likes
14 Likes

She’s not wrong. PS will literally be fine without CoD marketing. They will take a hit but not like they will burn down. It can be extinguished.

2 Likes

And Playstation taking a hit leads to increased competition. Xbox would be more competitive and Playstation would be forced to innovate and invest in order to retain marketshare. Its literally a pro-competitive situation for gaming.

8 Likes

LOL that was an epic reply that too many people in the comments missed the point.

5 Likes

All of otherera is missing the point. Not that thats unusual for them :laughing:

10 Likes

It’s funny that I spotted it in 2 seconds and immediately laughed.

3 Likes

I had to roll my eyes after seeing the replies over there. Like how they can not understand that she is essentially saying that even in the worst scenario, the PlayStation brand would be alright based on the strength of their IP? The Last of US series is proof that their brand and IP holds incredible weight.

12 Likes

I understood her tweets as ‘Sony uses its corporate synergies to make great products to gain marketshare. MS using its corporate synergies to make great products to gain marketshare, shouldn’t be worrying either’

8 Likes

It somehow instantly removes any and all common sense from you…

7 Likes

Great, concise summary. Spot on.

Indeed. But one sony wont accept. Also sony dont give a shit about ps plus.

Waiting for the EC & CMA updates or any updates has me like this. :man_shrugging:

Puff gone puff never here puff just puff

1 Like

Surely we get some updates today ?

I’m over waiting for this deal to pass or fail, it’s been over a year, feels like we are stuck in limbo.

I just want to move on from ABK and start thinking about Capcom or Nintendo

5 Likes

Wait…did Sony just file for a second time extension or am I reading this incorrectly? Posted by Idas:

While we wait for it :p, new notice of appearance from Sony’s lawyers and the order granting the second extension of time.

Now Sony has until Wednesday to respond to the subpoena from MS.

2 Likes