Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

The discussion is speculating around the seemingly negative response put out by Microaoft tonight regarding Sony lying in parity discussions with the EC.

Theres epeculation that Sony may have influenced the parity discussion with the EC as a result. So the questions are what could potentially bad parity objections from the EC be?

Sony knows they have no shot in hell at getting COD on PS+ without having to pay out the ass for it

If I were MS I’d call their bluff

MS: “Alright you want COD on PS+ without having to pay for it? Fine, in exchange we get all future Destiny expansions on Game Pass without having to pay for it”

4 Likes

Isnt that exactly what guy just outlined in his tweet though? It seemed to basically be a way of exposing the redacted statements from Sony in a public forum.

We don’t know because there isn’t any context around it. Thats why people are applying the context that Microsoft likely got the statement of objections and its more negative than they expected.

As much as I love destiny, it’s no comparison to cod.

An equal trade would be every single Sony first party ps5 exclusive for cod

7 Likes

That tweet from MS lead communications is literally a counter to the bs made by Sony executives in Brussels imo. I just dunno why you guys think this has anything to do with the SO.

17 Likes

Why would MS have to put COD on PS+ if Sony won’t even launch their own games on PS+?

I think best Microsoft can do is offer them to pay a significant fee to cover loss in revenue if Sony wants COD on PS+. Also don’t think Microsoft should be forbidden from giving Microsoft users perks like early beta access,skins, battle pass bonuses, and other goodies that Sony has blocked other platforms from getting

9 Likes

12 Likes

Plus they would have to cancel the PS5 versions.

Why would Sony want COD in PS+ day one? That would cost them a shit ton of money which is why they’re bitching about it in the first place. A year or two down the line makes sense but day one for Sony doesn’t.

Microsoft should offer the 10 year deal, parity across the board game wise and that’s it. I wouldn’t offer more than that. In fact, if it was me, I wouldn’t offer anything at all. But that’s just me.

Because if they dont…

The dont want it, they just use it as a lie to prevent the deal from going through. The EC should just end this farce and order them to put Cod on PS+ for 10 years for hundreds of million of dollars.

1 Like

Pretty much

The only way Sony would accept this deal going through would be keeping the current marketing/advantage deals they have now and no CoD on GP

In other words, keep the status quo

6 Likes

Which would make Sony the anti-competitive party

8 Likes

I feel like regulatory bodies need to throw Sony’s case out of the window when they’ve never put any of their own games day 1. It’s not up to Microsoft to make Sony compete in subscription space and same with cloud. Also, we have to remember Sony was in cloud gaming before Microsoft but backed out, and hopefully stuff like that is brought up.

8 Likes
16 Likes

They don’t want it going on gamepass day 1

Honestly, I just think odds are, one of the concessions will be no cod on gamepass, and Microsoft will likely accept and just move on. I really think that aspect of this is also what Sony is tossing under “feature parity.”

Microsoft is probably relieved that Cod is all Sony is focusing on because it’s just as big a win for MS to have all other ABK and Blizzard IP coming to gamepass and reaping the rewards of owning King, despite the lack of cod on gamepass.

1 Like

I just dont see why regulators would shaft consumers to help the leading company in the industry. Sigh.

4 Likes

iF any concessions are forced for Microsoft to close this deal it won’t be no cod on gamepass, Sony is lucky Microsoft is offering a ten year cod deal.