Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

It may be not indication of anything but I find it interesting that other regulators, instead of going for the easy way the FTC paved for them to block the deal, are taking their time in their investigation. For example: we all can agree that NZ is just waiting for what others say and going along (lol) but if they wanted to block it, the FTC already gave them an easy way to do it why dont follow?

Same with the CMA. Why take more time if it is (supossedly) 100% guarantee now that they will to block the deal. Why just don’t follow the FTC lead in the timeframe you initially put?

1 Like

It would also explain why (according to reports) MS strategy of fast-tracking the deal failed with the EC.

This means it gone to pass with remedies. OK i can sleep good now lol.

1 Like

It would appear that the FTC just isn’t an influential or respected regulatory body with the way they’ve been operating.

2 Likes

We been know this since day 1 though. They not acting in good faith. It political driven agenda. That a bad look which ever political way you stand.

1 Like
7 Likes

Small countries are never ever going to block an acquisition by themselves unless the acquisition really really f*cks the industry up. European Commission or FTC might block a merger babsed on doomsday slippery slope scenarios, small countries can’t afford to be spiteful or perceived as difficult for international business. As the video game industry will remain a highly fragmented, competitive industry even if MS does acquire ABK, they have zero incentive to play tough. At most, they can pretend to be dilligent, which is what they are doing.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Jeez this has been one heck of a roller coaster ride. I really hope these regulators do their job and make the right decision. Rather than being pressured by the market leader and a agenda drives FTC.

3 Likes

Idas said this, remember that forum going crazy over the things Jez tweeted to Lina but he was correct about her… feels like some people at the FTC maybe shouldn’t have a job after this but the CMA can still bail them out…

5 Likes

I understand that folks like to pile on the CMA. However I believe it’s undeserved.

No matter what the outcome CMA gives, we can trust that it will be:

1. Not pretextual. They didn’t go into phase two with a conclusion in mind.
  2. Well researched. Expect their provisional findings and final statement to be novels.
  3. Decision to be nuanced. Meaning that if they have a problem with the deal they’ll address that problem specifically. i.e. divesture of COD.
1 Like

The CMA had some very questionable tweets. Why are you defending those hacks?

2 Likes

Also the man that used to work at the EU… “Protecting my PlayStation”

6 Likes

So in the next 20 hours we should know if this deal is getting blocked or not.

Finally, it’s been such a long wait, dare I say I’m hyped, more hyped that I was for the showcase.

6 Likes

Jim Ryan lost all my respect. What a hypocrite he is. Hopefully they don’t fall for his BS.

9 Likes

Pass or no pass, even though im leaning 70 percent pass. I’m happy it finally ending.

1 Like

This guy should really keep this to himself. The conversation is all about cod, keep it that way.

Microsoft should be allowed to make all games (including cod) exclusive and how rediculous to suggest that all ABK games should have to be multiplat for 10 years post purchase…

1 Like

Phase One.