Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

Is that confirmed, because when I clicked on that the related feed was immediately filled with a bunch of alt-right propaganda.

Yeah I never clicked it. I just believed it because it was Pelosi lol

It’s Pelosi so I 100% believe it

1 Like

If capitoltrades.com is reliable it seems like her husband offloaded a lot of tech related stocks at the end of December. Could be something, could be nothing. Also the Alphabet stock hasn’t really been affected much by the news.

Any new ABK news? Aren’t we hearing CMA and EU results this week?

I think it been delayed.

Welp I found this, sadly it is paywalled:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-25/lina-khan-s-ftc-sued-microsoft-over-activision-deal-to-head-off-eu-settlement?leadSource=uverify%20wall

The US Federal Trade Commission filed its lawsuit to block Microsoft Corp.’s $69 billion takeover of gaming company Activision Blizzard Inc. in December partly to get ahead of its European counterparts and dissuade them from accepting a settlement allowing the deal, according to people familiar with the investigations.

This one is interesting :eyes:

The FTC filed a complaint challenging the merger on Dec. 8, hours after a call between US and EU officials about their respective probes, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions were confidential. The EU officials indicated on the call they intended to begin talks with Microsoft about potential remedies, the person said.

Who knows if the FTC’s dishonest tactic worked :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Its not like the EC process stops. Everything is proceeding still moving and the EC I would anticipate is still making decisions based on fact and not this fantasy land the FTC is in.

We already saw the EC rebut the FTC on one of rheir points where they refernced microsofts previous acquisition agreement with the EC.

1 Like

Oh I know its just that I find infuriating the fact that the FTC went “what?! you are going to talk with MS?! NO! we won’t allow that?! FTC staff go and made up a market from out of nowhere and block the deal! sure this will make others to follow us :smirk:”

5 Likes

It should be illegal for politicians to own stocks and multiple real estate due to their influence on the market

6 Likes

Sounds roughly in line with what we’d figured. I think it was mentioned somewhere that the FTC’s sudden strong stance against the deal was much faster than anyone would have expected - it doesn’t really make sense unless there was some tactical motive behind it.

1 Like

Yeah I hope that, even if it gets blocked, the other regulators provide a serious reason backed by data, analysis, statements from the industry…etc. As to why they didn’t allow it.

That or the EC to act like “What? you are going to bloc- sees the FTC document Oh…ok, well, lets continue our investigation”

4 Likes

WTF??? Stalker alert!!! Stalker alert!!! lol

1 Like
7 Likes

Dodgy ?

Idk how any professional regulators are not absolutely disgusted by how the FTC is run, let alone feel compelled to follow their lead.

11 Likes

Other regulators don’t assist to follow the FTC lead at all, they seem to follow the EC.

So hours after finding out the EU is willing to listen to Microsoft’s remedies (and they’re known for approvals with remedies), the FTC disgustingly rushed to block it in an attempt to persuade other regulators to follow suit.

Wow.

This explains many things now:

• The EU immediately (and publicly) correcting the FTC’s lie that Microsoft lied to them about Bethesda exclusivity (talk about a backfire…)

• The FTC having no real argument or facts for their case except the aforementioned lie which the EU immediately debunked

• Microsoft being caught off-guard with how fast the FTC moved to block, and without even talking to or hearing out Microsoft at all

I know many, including former FTC commissioners of all people, have been mocking and lambasting the current FTC and especially Lina Khan for their embarrassing behavior, politically fuelled agenda and constant waste of taxpayer dollars, but just…wow. To see it playing out in front of our eyes in real time is something else.

17 Likes