Microsoft Acquiring Zenimax/Bethesda

5824_2 Vote for him.

Your wish is my duty

12 Likes

Oh my days, they actually did it. Nice one Phil, you listened hahahaha

1 Like

They were done just testing the water with small studios, once they saw the reaction on the internet, a publisher was inevitable. And they’re not done yet guys, I maintain they will acquire CDPR. You heard it here first

That would give people real heart attacks. :rofl:

There would be no WRPGs on PS5 if that happened…

The reasons I said MS would do this btw is that all these studios are capable of creating iconic characters and worlds that MS badly need. And with ES and Fallout, you have huge IP that is not being used to it’s full potential

I’ve been excited about the series X but kind of wondering how long it’d be before we saw big guns rolled out. Now I’m only worried about getting my preorder in. They just murdered the no games narrative.

2 Likes

It was going to sell out anyway but this is going to make it harder.

1 Like

I’m worried about Pre ordering tomorrow now. I wasn’t before…

But also, the narrative this morning was Xbox have no chance they have no games and can’t compete with aggressive Sony who will dominate and aggressively get deals. Tough luck Xbox. Now it’s all about horrible behemoth Microsoft buying up the industry,.

Can’t have it both ways…

4 Likes

Phil Warned us way before guys, he said RPGs was the direction to take for Xbox, watch it the proof is here.

CRAZY NEWS. It‘s been hours and I‘m still in disbelief.

While I‘m not sure acquiring large publishers is a good thing or not in general, for us Xbox customers it will make Game Pass an even better deal now! EA Play, Bethesda and XGS games?! Hell, yes!

Also I think this move is mainly directed at Google and amazon. I fully believe that with this acquisition, Microsoft has now cemented its position in the gaming landscape to a degree where they will always be competitive with anything the competition throws at them, including rivaling subscription services. That‘s a neat thought to have, right? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guys guys, imagine for a second. Arkane developing Perfect Dark. Tears in eyes at the thought

3 Likes

So the “War Chest” finally came true. I better be able to get my pre order for the XSX in tomorrow because I’m beyond excited for team green next gen. Starting to wonder why I even have a PS5 pre order because Demons souls is about all I have any desire to play, that and Ratchet and Clank whenever that comes out. Now I know Deathloop and Ghostwire will eventually be on GP.

1 Like

Arkane are masters of level design. By this acquisition I think MS did a really smart move because all studios can consolidate each others, shooters, rpg, action adventure, by sharing tech and skills.

Bold move and excellent one! Really loved this day. Won’t forget it that’s for sure…

3 Likes

That “case by case” comment is probably referring to stuff on the scale of Fallout Shelter or TES Blades. We had comments like that before and that ended up being Cuphead and Ori on Switch (which aren’t even made by XGS internal studios) There is no point on investing $7.5b on an acquisition only to still put your games on the console of your biggest competitor. Ghostwire Tokyo will be the last Bethesda game on PS5. Everything moving forward is gonna be PC/Xbox.

Stop playing the nice guy, Phil. Xbox playing the good guy while Sony throws moneyhats everywhere? Be aggressive. Fallout and TES as Xbox exclusives could shake the industry big time.

2 Likes

FFFFUUUUCCCKKKKK

Remember when we all hear Sony were getting the cheque book out and seeing them buying up exclusives and some people were questioning why Microsoft is not responding. I guess you have your answer now :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

the Sony timed exclusives must be major, still think they got Elden Ring

Matt said the scale was shocking and people would be surprised

but then he said MS wont compete and they dont wanna spend that much :joy:

This is an '88 Mike Tyson uppercut to Sony.

1 Like