Metro Exodus : Enhanced - Running on Xbox Series X

Browsing elsewhere and noticed someone point out that the three trailers supposedly captured on PC/Series X and PS5 are absolutely identical in every single way. Now this is possible but I’m starting to smell a rat…are we being fed genuine Series X footage?

the pc trailer has additional content

As usual, wait DF review.

1 Like

They are identically moved in the sense that it was likely a script controlling the cameras and actions, however there is a difference in definition when it switches. Pc labeled scenes look noticeably sharper than SX and PS5 labeled ones, and for Ps5 scenes specially when there are surfaces with strong specular reflections there is some shimmering not present on others as well (though there aren’t many non PC scenes in wet surfaces to compare with SX)

1 Like

PS5 footage looked lowest res of them all. I believe it’s closer to 1080p reconstructed to 4k.

X footage looks like 1440p reconstructed to 4k.

1 Like

From where reconstruction assumptions coming from?

I don’t think anything has been mentioned yet about use of reconstruction.

It could simply be a default upscaling or something.

4A upscale via TAA. It was in Alex’s video about the update.

1 Like

The next gen versions were announced as making use of their new reconstruction tech to achieve 4k and 60fps with all raytracing.

Huh, we’ve seen PS5 footage of the upgrade too? I thought only the new trailer, which oddly is only 1080p sadly too.

So I pixel counted to the best that I can. PS5 is around 1080p in an indoor area without RT GI. X is around 1224p in an semi outdoor area with RT GI.

From what I’ve seen of PC benchmarks, scenes without RT GI run 25-50% better. So X is doing quite more work and still holding a ~30% pixel advantage.

Final pixel count should be interesting. X should have the resolution edge, but it unknown if that’ll be perceivable during gameplay.

1 Like

Damn, so not even close to 4K if we want RT and 60fps?

Probably gonna be reconstructing the image up to 4K like returnal does probably.

But in Returnal that Pq isn’t too hot from what I heard. If it’s like Spidey MM it should be good though!

Not even the RTX 3090 can do native 4k locked 60.

2 Likes

Holy shiiijiiit, that’s crazy. Then it’s no wonder the consoles can’t. Raytracing is just that demanding? Hope it’s still visibly a significantly crisper picture than 1080p. Will 4A offer a mode without rt too?

this version is build around ray tracing, I doubt it. The entire lighting is ray traced. Its exciting because developer can safe a lot time by doing this. Only issue you need a next gen console or a ray tracing capable card and those are few.

2 Likes

PS5: Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 1.17.34 PM

~1080p

X: Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 1.18.50 PM

1224-1296p

5 Likes

I think that’s a good result for RT and 60 FPS. And that 200p difference is quite noticeable. Do we know if the new version of the game will have multiple modes or only one ? Can we disable RT, just for…science ?

You can’t disable RT. They moved traditional lighting completely from the game.

1 Like