Megaman Battle Network Legacy Collection

Dont care for these games. Even more so now that theyre not coming to xbox. How cheap would a port be? Literally 1 person could do it.

1 Like

I donā€™t get why itā€™s hard for people to understand Capcom didnā€™t release this collection on Xbox because all the previous collections and Mega Man 11 didnā€™t sell well.

Thatā€™s severely underestimating the work that goes into these games. Even for porting.

2 Likes

Haha as someone who worked for a porting studio before. Most people think itā€™s a single button you click that says Xbox/ps5. When in reality a good team can take up to 6-12 months depending on how the original code was built and scale of the project.

1 Like

Hes being hyperbolic

Not a button but cmon. An Xbox port would be based on what exists on a PC. yes it needs to be tested but these are literally old games emulated. And 6-12 people working on a port seems fishy. Xbox version would sell enough and even thenā€¦after 6 months. Wack it on Gamepass.

YOu will make the money back.

1 Like

Coming from any platform a port can run a few hundred thousand to a Couple of million, depending on scope and scale, hell even the original language the game was programmed in could cause issues.

Like I wish these would hit Xbox but there is a reason games sometimes skip Xbox or even some indies that skip a platform or 2 (why some will just port to switch and not anywhere else)

Yeah scope. These are very old games very old.

The reason is money and capcom wanting money to port them.

Having said thatā€¦maybe the xbox one they see as a dead platform.

Theres no ps5 version. If there was a ps5 version id have been even more baffled. Publishers have ignored xbox one for games too this gen but had ps5 and xsx versions.

Sometimes I donā€™t get Capcom, it was the same with the Ace Attorney new game or collection, what was it? The trilogy came to Game Pass, I really liked it. Why not bring the new one to Xbox too and if not GP, just to the damn console?

More and more Japanese publishers are finally starting to bother with Xbox, bringing over Danganronpa, AI, Aksys with a new game and so on. Come on Capcom.

Ace Attorney was never in Game Pass.

It wasnā€™t? Oh lol, then I bought it, forgot about that.

Then why CAPCOM just didnā€™t port the latest one overā€¦just a big bummer. Iā€™m loving AI and when Iā€™ve finished it I can definitely see myself buying the new one. Thereā€™s no telling at all when that drops on GP, if, too. And itā€™s nice to support it too.

Presumably because of poor performance.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AceAttorney/comments/k5gz44/so_we_got_the_sales_numbers_for_the_ace_attorney/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Thatā€™s sad.

I wonder how well AI did on Game Pass and Danganronpa too. But if not too hot, I still hope it wonā€™t stop them from keep dropping their games on Xbox. That would suck.

If I were them, dropping on Game Pass will help out a lot. The ecosystem wasnā€™t trained well or rather dismissed the niche/Japanese games back in One era. Putting on Game Pass will give them a second look and when it works, everyone follows. Itā€™s why Persona going to Game Pass is smart since it is a franchise that needs to establish its name in its ecosystem.

2 Likes

It looks like (at least on TA) the numbers of players for AI (10K+) and Danganronpa 1 (8.5K+) respectively.

Danganronpa 2 is only at 1.6K+ players and Zero Escape: TNG at 1.7K+, but Iā€™m more worried about AI2 (only at 213 players currently).

Of course, this is only on TrueAchievements, which only accounts for members who have unlocked one achievement in these games, but there is a noticeable drop there.

To put into further context, Ace Attorney Trilogy is at over 8K Players and both versions of The Quarry combined amount to around 8.5K players.

Again, like I said before, this is only a specific sample of players, but even the differences between the samples seem a bit insane.

Maybe thisā€™ll change once these IP and style of games have more of a chance to grow on the platform.

2 Likes

I played them both and there was 0 chance of me buying them before that, lol.

2 Likes

Same here, exactly that. I saw a trailer a while ago from Matty, or I guess he was playing it or talking about it and my first reaction was yeah this is not for me. And now only after having played a little of Danganronpa and more of AI I definitely strongly consider buying them if they donā€™t come to Game Pass day one.

I really hope so man!

2 Likes

You guys are going to make me buy AI. Then Iā€™ll wait for there to be guides before I even consider playing it lol

2 Likes

There is a story mode option thatā€™ll brute force some of the puzzles if you get stuck.

And there are collectibles guides already out there!:wink::joy:

1 Like

Nice. Because I saw Iā€™m already missing one album photo, or two. But itā€™s between day 1 and 2. Odd because I click on literally everything I can interact with, haha. Even when I get back to the same location shortly, if itā€™s green again I click. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like