Mass Effect |OT| ME Next Engine news

It was one of the worst DLC for me. Well, those for ME1 weren’t really good I would say, but they stepped up their game with ME2 and ME3’s DLC.

1 Like

Ironically my copy of ME3 (cost me $1 on ebay lol) arrived today So we are nearly there!

2 Likes

Honestly, Pinnacle Station is the only one I don’t mind missing. Never even bothered with it during my last couple of playthroughs. I do like Bring Down the Sky.

Lair of the Shadow Broker, Overlord & Citadel are my definite favourites.

@javycane

Still got my original physical copies of the trilogy. Bought them digital as well but kept the originals for nostalgic reasons. I still remember swapping out the disks during ME2. Ah, the good old days :sweat_smile:

I’m Commander Shepard and this is my favorite Remaster of 2021.

Looks really good, some questionable skybox changes aside. I just wish they could have included more fan service and restored some of the deleted content.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this. ME1 is my favourite game of all time. I’m super excited to play through it again with a new coat of paint.

I still hope we get BC enhancements for the original 360 version, as it would be nice to have the original visuals persevered in 4K.

1 Like

considering hall of fame game GIF

3 Likes

We’re less than a month away now. So I’m resurecting this thread. So fricken pumped for this remaster

Lots of new footage and info since the last post here. Just in case anyone has not seen any of this…

First link has a lot of details of just how much they’ve done with this. I know that was some people’s concern, like…is this just going to be a prettier coat of paint?

That’s a resounding NOPE

Next two is a nice visuals comparison trailer, showing off the differences from then to now. And the reveal trailer, which is just so well done

5 Likes

Cant wait to replay these for the 5th, 4th and 2nd time

3 Likes

You got me trying to remember now how many times I played each of them

Rough estimate…

• ME1: Twice when it was brand new: Tough one to go back to though. Which is what makes this remaster so nice

• ME2: Half a dozen, at least. It’s my favorite game of all time, after all

• ME3 - Three times. Hell, I actually didn’t mind the ending(s)

1 Like

I only got to play 3 when it was made backwards comp on xbox and I loved it even tho Im not that fond of the companions as much as the older ones.

1 Like

Yeah, they took a lot of the better ones from ME 2 and made them non-sqaud companions and had them just be aquainences you can talk to and see on certain missions. Which was fine, but I did miss running with Thane, Samara and Grunt, in particular

I think I’ve played each game in the series about 10 to 15 times or so depending on which one… Incredibly excited to jump back in. Once this game comes out, the rest of the world is dead to me. :smiley:

I did a really dumb thing last week. For some reason I got it into my head that ME was coming in mid April. Dunno why, it just popped into my head at work.

I got home that day & the first thing I did was turn on the 1X to pre-order, thinking it was due in like a couple of days. It felt bad when I read the release date on the store page :sweat_smile:

Anyway. Super hyped to replay one of the best gaming trilogies ever. Think I’m going to do a run through as a straightforward soldier this time, just using guns & no biotic or tech powers. Think that’s the only class that I never actually played as :thinking:

will be the first time I’ll be playing this series, excited!

And I’m jealous. Would love to be a first timer with this series again

Maybe I’ll hit my head really hard, on may 13th and hope for the best…worst…best

2 Likes

I think the first time I played ME1 I did soldier and it was pretty fun.

2 Likes

I don’t even know which one I did in ME1. I know I did Vanguard almost every time in ME2 and 3. Was just too damn fun

Will try something new this time around

Soldier is great in ME2 and 3. Sniper rifle headshots in Adrenaline Rush is :muscle:

No you won’t, you know you’ll always come back to Vanguard. I’m the same way :laughing:.

Sentinel was the class for me. Especially in ME2, it just felt great with the punchy hit of those ranged powers & the tech armour that exploded on depletion, knocking everyone back with a shockwave. Loved it.

Vanguard was great in ME3. Charge + shotgun. Biotic was always fun, throwing fools around up in the air.

Man, those were great games…