Mass Effect |OT| ME Next Engine news

Hmm - ok!

Just read this on IGN’s coverage:

“If there’s one thing that stands out about Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, it’s how much care BioWare takes to set expectations for this collection. It’s not a remake. It’s not being remastered in Unreal Engine 4. It won’t have multiplayer. It won’t immediately be on Switch, nor will it be available natively on next-gen consoles (“I think it’s just a bridge too far,” Walter says of the latter). It will, to be clear, run in compatibility mode on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S.”

1 Like

any hope this lands on ea play day 1 10 hr demo program?

So I do have a genuine question, now I have had some time to consider it…

Do I recreate my old Shepard from 2007 who I have stuck with (or as close as I could) through the following games or do I make a new one, through new eyes?

Perhaps not such an interesting question on its own, but for me very close to my heart.

When I first played Mass Effect I created the Shephard I wished I could be, how I wished I would look and act and Jeniffer Hale’s acting only made my Shepard closer to me. Now it’s 13 years later and I’m slowly beginning to reconcile who I really am, to be “me” for the first time in my life. I genuinely cannot wait for a chance to revisit Mass Effect and be Shepard again, this time as me.

I complain a great deal about ME 3 and Andromeda, but the series is very close to my heart and being “me”, being Shepard, was always so affecting.

Games like these are why I love the medium and it’s the way these games can resonate with people is something that should be celebrated, and I forget that sometimes too.

I’m Commander Shepard and this is my favourite re-release on the Citadel.

3 Likes

I think I may just do a default Shepard run

I know I’ll be playing this through multiple times with many different Shepards, so I’m not too concerned about experiencing it a certain way the first time.

I’m thinking of starting with a male Shepard, romancing Ash, dumping her for Jack, and then getting back with Ash in ME3. I don’t think I’ve done that combination before. Not sure about class though, maybe an Adept.

Excited doesn’t even come close to describing how I’m feeling. Day 1, I’ll be starting another adventure in one of the greatest gaming franchises of all time. Cannot wait.

Seems like you should make a new Shepard.

1 Like

giphy (2)

3 Likes

Yeah as I wrote I realised I had answered my own question :slight_smile:

Couldn’t resist leaving something positive though, im glad its given me an excuse to play again.

1 Like

Here’s hoping they give us an abundance of gamerscore rather than compressing everything down into 1000!

4 Likes

So going by that Shinobi tweet it’s 60fps only on XSX and PS5?

Also, IGN impressions.

May is looking to be a good month for me with this RE 8 and Biomutant

Looking at the comparison shots between original & remaster, I’m not sure how I feel about the new shot of Sovereign lifting off on Eden Prime. I really like the oppressive red sky in the original.

I guess, since they have tweaked the graphics & stuff, there is going to be a few times when I don’t love the new style. Not a chance that’s going to ruin my hype for playing these games again though.

2 Likes

I will be romancing Liara all over again !

Liara —> cheating with Miranda —> Liara again

2 Likes

Monster ! Liara is too precious for that :sob:

Yeah, now I’m thinking that this is the play.

720p30fps to 4K60fps will be quite the jump. My eyeballs can’t wait !!

And these remastered screens look so good !

They did it ! That’s everything the fans wanted and more.

1 Like

Understandable & not a huge loss anyway. The apartment was cool but they never did anything with it again in the whole trilogy, so I don’t really miss it to be honest.

2 Likes

God, I’m already counting the seconds until May 14.

2 Likes