Mass Effect Legendary Edition Announced & a New Mass Effect in Development

You’re a trooper.

I went back to the original for the first time since 2007 or 2008 and I couldn’t more than a few hours in before I gave up. Felt too clunky and rigid to me.

How the hell will those elevator scenes work with the fast SSD of next gen?!?!?!

1 Like

Maybe they will get rid of them ^^

So excited for this. Despite how clunky the game feels ME1 is still my favourite in the series

1 Like

I was same with Fable. Loved the first one couldn’t get back into the further ones.

I’ve played through both series multiple times years ago.

Also, I hope they change the awful achievements from the first game to something less tedious. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was always playing Paragon in all my playthroughs, and could never get myself to be renegate. I hated the achievement of having to play the game in Renegate.

1 Like

I didn’t mind the achievements myself. I was so engrossed in the world and lore that I played through game more than a dozen times

2 Likes

Nothing indicates it shouldnt be Andromeda 2 and I hope it is. Disappointed if they do something post Mass Effect 3 or something along the lines of the First Contact War.

Yeah, I too hope for Andromeda 2, but they probably would want to distance themselves from that mess. I say “mess”, but I still think ME Andromeda deserved better from the fans and critics. It was a great game, just a subpar Mass Effect. I loved the feeling of a new galaxy to explore. There was so much mystery and a lot of things you could do in a sequel.

Most of the people hating on the game probably never played it. Probably one of the first games this gen to be memed to death and judge before release.

Game was a charm to explore, combat was probably the best one in the series and I loved the cast. Has a lot of interesting storylines and throwbacks to the og trilogy that I would love for them to continue on.

1 Like

Please no. Original Mass Effect had some really funny lines in those elevators.

2 Likes

I completely agree with this. The dialogue was great. The elevator rides did go on quite a bit too long even after the dialogue finished.

2 Likes

Mass Effect 1 definitely needs the remake treatment. The combat is absolutely awful. I would have given up on the franchise is things didn’t turn around so drastically with 2.

And leaving out the multiplayer in 3 is a heartbreaker.

1 Like

I just had a thought: what if BioWare gives players the ability to immediately go on to the next game without seeing any credits? Effectively making them one single game :smiley:. Of course, in order to make the process smooth, that would require ME’s combat/controls to change :thinking:.

Will get the upgraded version on the Series S for sure.

1 Like

I wonder how substantial the improvements will be

1 Like

Seeing how it’s worded more as a remaster rather than a remake, I don’t have much hope for any improvements being made towards the combat system, particularly the one in the first game. I would love for that to be the case, but from what I’m seeing, it’s somewhat unlikely.

1 Like

would’ve been better if it was a full on remake and got the FF7R treatment. Also would’ve liked if they made ME1 combat system more modern because it didn’t age well. If this collection is $40 then i’ll buy, but if it’s more I will wait for a sale tbh since I wanted more than a frame rate/resolution bump

It’s selfish of course, but I’m always disappointed when any resources are spent on a remaster or remake instead of all that time, effort, and money going to the new game.