Major Nelson Interviews Phil Spencer, Todd Howard, Pete Hines

Love to see the chemistry between these guys.

Man that was fantastic, if they could do this again sometime for longer it would be incredible.

Where did he say this ?

It can differ based on game. For those times PS5 exclusives it would be the PS5. Devs normally would select the most powerful device or the one with the biggest user base as lead platform and scale down and optimize from there. If a PC release is planned this would mean PC leading platform.

Also you donā€™t get into optimizing for a platform before you have some sort of stable. I would assume for the new games they are not there yet.

Hereā€™s the Fallout 3 demo he was talking aboutā€¦I just had to go watch it again.

https://youtu.be/JzJEIoqOA8Y

1 Like

Is that a replica of the Ark of the Covenant in Toddā€™s room :sweat_smile:?

This was great. Sadly it was only 25 minutes. Shouldā€™ve been at least an hour!

he seems to be a huge Indy fan. Thatā€™s indeed the Ark from the movie; But he also has a replica of the staff of Ra as well as the Chachapoyan idol from the opening sequence of Raiders

It was really cool to see the four of them interacting and being genuinely excited about Xbox and future projects. I know they all have a pile of money under their asses right now, but it really felt like a reunion, a gathering of old friends talking about stuff. I canā€™t wait to see them all on the same stage (maybe) next year !

My wife and I watched this last night and 1 thing she said, which I agree with, is ā€œyou dont see this kind of interaction from Sonyā€. Now I do understand Sony has a different culture but she goes ā€œthis interaction is like between 4 older gamersā€. I looked over and was likeā€¦ā€œThis is why I married youā€ LMAO! But its true! Can you imagine just hangin with these guys, eatin food, playing games(possibly smokin, SORRY PHIL! NO DISRESPECT!) and talking about old game memories. Manā€¦

1 Like

Ah, he is clearly a man of taste when it comes to films then lol. I absolutely love the original trilogy, such fun action movies.

The closest thing I can think of is the God of War podcast series

Look at the look on Toddā€™s faceā€¦heā€™s probably thinking about what Ferrari heā€™s going to buy with the assload of money he just made

1 Like

Lol

Amazing interview. Thanks for sharing.