MachineGames (Wolfenstein franchise) celebrates 10th Anniversary with special sales and bundles this month (33% to 67% off)

https://twitter.com/machinegames/status/1314928736903589894?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1314928736903589894|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1314928736903589894

This month we’re celebrating 10 years of MachineGames!

XBOX: OCTOBER 13 – OCTOBER 20

• Wolfenstein: The Two-Pack – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Deluxe Edition – 67% off
  • Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection – 60% off

STEAM: OCTOBER 8 – OCTOBER 12

• Wolfenstein: The Two-Pack – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Season Pass – 33% off
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood – 35% off
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe Edition – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot VR – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein: Alt History Bundle – 46% off

PLAYSTATION: SEPTEMBER 30 – OCTOBER 14

PLAYSTATION: OCTOBER 14 – OCTOBER 28

• Wolfenstein: Youngblood – 50% off

SWITCH: OCTOBER 10 – OCTOBER 17

• Wolfenstein: Youngblood – 50% off
  • Wolfenstein: Youngblood Deluxe Edition – 50% off
2 Likes

How’s the old blood? I feel like waiting for gamepass is the better option though…

1 Like

Let’s see how much math I remember (USD, current Xbox listed prices)

Wolfenstein: The Two-Pack – $30 -> $15
Wolfenstein: The New Order – $20 -> $10
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood – $20 -> $10
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus – $40 -> $20
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Deluxe Edition – $60 -> $20
Wolfenstein: Alt History Collection – 60% off -> $80 -> $32 (thanks @DeoGame)
Wolfenstein: Youngblood  (not in this sale apparently) - $30 (currently $24)
Wolfenstein II Season Pass (not in this sale, seems to have all DLC) – $25

Looks like Alt History Collection contains everything in the sale except the season pass for The New Colossus, and comes with Youngblood (which I’ve heard is bad).

Alt History should be 32 USD actually.

1 Like

I’ve never played any of these but my city is back in partial lockdown. It’s about $55 Canadian for the alt history collection here. No clue when these go to Game Pass. Worth a shot?

That makes it a way better deal, thanks for the correction! It’s tempting at that price.

I really enjoyed the first one but didn’t get into II because they make you kill a defenseless friendly dog right off the bat, consider yourself warned if that’s a problem for you. This is apparently not the case

1 Like

I will wait for the inevitable Game Pass inclusions. :wink:

The only thing I’d be interested in is the DLC then, but that doesn’t seem to be included in sale?

The Deluxe Edition of Wolfenstein II seems to have all the DLC for that game, and that’s in the sale. I don’t own any of it though so maybe someone else can clarify.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the warning. I usually turn the audio off for those moments and look away.

1 Like

You don’t have to shoot the dog.

NO WAY! Thanks for letting me know, I was really bummed about it. Guess I might pick it up during this sale then :grin:

I looked it up. Your dad shoots the dog when you refuse. :frowning:

1 Like

it’s a fair enough prequel to New Order. It feel more supernatural-ish if that makes sense. I will say that it is a bit easier than New Order. It’s shorter too so pick it for the lore I suppose. I still think New Order is the high point in the series till date

I hope we get more games like this, 8-12 hour long high quality high production value single player games.

2 Likes

Hope especially the game design will be way better than the mess they did with Wolfenstein 2. The 1st was great. Hated the sequel for its baffling game design decisions. Ruined my enjoyment.

Ah no, I had a close look at the language in the contract and I’m afraid that now that Microsoft has acquired Zenimax, all their products must be GaaS now :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep they must all be filled with MTX where you can buy a Doomguy skin for 20 bucks

In all seriousness though I don’t mind GaaS if its well done. Doom Eternal is a great example of a Gaas, it didn’t detract from the campaign at all and basically added content to the game.

Now would be a good time to announce a Series X version for at least Wolfenstein II :slight_smile:

Quick bump to say that the deal is live in my timezone at least. Mind that not every item listed on that page is on sale, I just did a quick search for Wolfenstein.

Definitely! These are on that short list of “can’t play” for me. My eyes strain, I get a headache, then my stomach begins to feel uneasy. I have no motion sickness I’m aware of and only Dishonored on console is similar. Bard’s Tale 4 also did this but not until much longer in the play session. I’ve mentioned before I play Doom, Halo, Ace Combat and other heavy motion games with no issues. A side example is camera panning in Witcher 3. Performance mode is fine but visual mode with a camera pan gets that eye strain started. Just had my eyes checked and have better than expected eye health and vision for my age.

I’m hoping a X|S enhancement helps with motion blur and frame rate that could maybe let me play through this set.

2 Likes