Losing hope on FFVIIR coming to Xbox

Yeah, it’s a goddamned shame. We did get 15, we’ve been getting some of the older ones too and in general Japanese support has been improving big-time and then we get this. Meh, fuck this shit.

3 Likes

Im buying a PS5 just for naughty games lol, they are the only sony exclusive which I like to play day 1, there other franchises I will get when cheap unless they fix the issue with gow and Spiderman.

Until there is one box to rule them all, theres always going to be a game not on your platform of choice.

Personally i could not care less for final fantasy.

2 Likes

Difference is SE have openly come out and said Xbox version is happening but in the future after PS5 version is done. FF14 was never under any exclusivity. MS or Don Matrick was to blame for no FF14 on Xbox.

Sonys strategy doesn’t hurt anyone.

Let PS owners play unfinished games. FF16 is going to be a mess at launch. IT will take a year before that game is worth playing anyway.

Nothing wrong with waiting

I don’t believe Sony paid for anymore FF7R timed exclusivity. PArt 2 maybe but thats started development.

I just think the pandemic has had an effect on SE’s plans

With Gamepass…SE might just put out Intergrade on PS5 for a few months and put the Remake out on Xbox and PC by the end of the year.

Its a question of When the game comes to Xbox not If.

I totally disagree. They literally paid a 3rd party company to stop them releasing a game to a competitor. If Xbox did that I would equally be annoyed with them too. Square are the only 3rd party company I care for really and it’s like a £500 pay wall to play Final Fantasy at this point.

I wouldn’t mind so much if Xbox had games like this on the platform but they don’t. As I’m saving up for a somewhat okay car at the moment a £500 payroll just sucks.

1 Like

Just play FF7. Its a finished product and only 16 bucks :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Sony actions hurt Xbox more than anything else. How much damage would Sony do to Xbox if it got Starfield exclusivity?

I am pretty sure people want to play the remake for the graphics rather than FF7 plot. It is basically “legendary game with great graphics”

I want it more than anything but it’s pretty much all but confirmed to be skipping Xbox. It’s coming to PC though.

1 Like

FF14 is never under any announced exclusivity but the amount of bullshit excuses Square has been making for years to not bring it to Xbox makes me think it’s under one of the strongest exclusivity deals (perhaps forever)

1 Like

I have no interest for this game personally but I’m sure it’s coming. Sony might’ve paid to keep it off Xbox/PC at least until they release intergrade, who knows. It wouldn’t surprise me to see the game announced for Xbox at E3, right after the Intergrade release.

I don’t get why people are so antsy to play the first 3rd (at most) of a game that will not be finished for a decade.

You know the sequel won’t be out for years. You know they will spend at least a year going back and forth as to whether or not they will kill aerith again. You know that there is an excellent chance of there being at LEAST 4 total games since we aren’t even halfway through disk 1, and that each will probably get a rerelease just like this one is getting. Why be in a hurry when next gen you will probably be able to pick up the completed final version?

Optics.

There’s literally 0 reason for Sony or SE to have a MMO exclusivity deal. Ff14 doesn’t exist on xbox due to when the game came out xbxo had a strict online policy for subscriptions

I agree with you in principle, but there’s something to be said about being part of the zeitgeist. My preference would be to wait until the whole thing is finished, but it does suck when my PS friends who like JRPGs talk to me about it, you know? Call it FOMO if you want :slightly_smiling_face:

I played through ff7 remake. Great game but I balsted through it. I want to play a version that runs 60fps and i wanna do 100% presently on xbox. I’m never buying this again on ps4 or ps5.

Actually it is a question of if. I’m getting tired of SE skipping the Xbox for essentially everything. Saga Frontier Remastered releases tomorrow for EVERYTHING except Xbox. Even mobile got a port

1 Like

You know this could all be avoided if Microsoft just buys a few of the remaining independent JRPG studios.

Then they don’t have to worry about shit like this because they could make their own.

3 Likes

I decided I didn’t care about playing it until it’s all done. Figured they’d eventually do the normal “Final Final Fantasy 7 Remastered HD 3.8 Final Chapter Remix Dream Drop Lightning Rising Royal” edition, and then I’d wait until it went on sale for $30 and buy it.

I get why people want the game… But I’d want the whole thing and not have to buy it a bunch of times. If it doesn’t come on Xbox, I’ll look on PC.

Nah, they literally had the same restrictions on FFXI and Ms caved in, why wouldn’t allow FF14?

Not to mention Square calling out bullshit reasons that were not an issue (like saying Ms only allowed cross play for shooters, when there was non shooter games from 3rd parties with crossplay when they made that statement)

1 Like

I mean, sure, that’s also a perfectly valid perspective. I’m just expressing sympathy for the people who don’t wanna wait like ten years for that though :stuck_out_tongue: There’s also the added complication of spoilers; people tend to stop being as careful about discussing them openly as time goes on. You’re obviously more likely to have developments spoiled for you if you have to wait a year.

1 Like