List of FPS Boost Games

I wasn’t deducing anything, I was asking.

I really want more BC games added, yet that havnt said anything for over a year now.

I hope it’s enabled for the first Forza Horizon. The mountains of Colorado at 60fps would be divine.

I’ve got Batman Arkham Knight as part of my Gamepass backlog, That would be incredible at 60fps.

But I can’t understate how 120 frames per second will be very awesome for classic games.

Viva Pinata at 120fps would look gorgeous. And playing a game like Banjo @ 120 would be great too.

Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Jet Set Radio, NiGHTS as well.

I’ve seen comments on YouTube and so forth where people were questioning whether upgrading to 120 frames per second TV was actually worth it if most experiences would be sitting around 60 FPS. And there’s a lot of merit to that perspective because I imagine that most games will opt to run at 60.

But stuff like this changes everything. This means potentially hundreds of classic games running at 120 FPS. Through Live Gold I have a decent collection of Lego games. Those would look incredible at 120FPS.

I’m off to watch videos on how is this tech actually works. I can’t believe that New Super Lucky’s Tale runs at 120 FPS. It just doesn’t compute in my brain.

4 Likes

Here’s the FPS Boost icon from insider program.

9 Likes

MS BC team are just so clever and talented. Sniper is wonderful at 60 FPS. I so hope many more titles follow, like Sonic Unleashed and Generations and the likes of Vegas

3 Likes

Indeed, but they mentioned they have different methods that might not break the game logic, so they try them all to see what works best for the game.

But the good news in my eyes is that: They don’t require a game update like they did for X enhanced 360 games. Provided the game logic doesn’t break they are able to enable in theory for all games.

Another possibility with the option to disable it on a per game basis is that in the future they disable the game by default but allow you to enable on your own accord. At least for the not completely broken cases (Jason mentioned that some games had only some animation issues in a specific part of the game)

1 Like

My hopes for FPS boost.

• Dragon Quest 11
  • Gears 2-3
  • Yakuza 6
2 Likes

I really wish they had done FarCry 5. That is one I personally haven’t finished yet.

DLSS equivalent for xbox series consoles.

It has been stated as a feature in development along with hardware support in the SoC architecture.

2 Likes

What if… Ms is waiting for super resolution ML to be finished so they can really focus on FPS first and then use ML to increase resolution when not possible for native.

For example, BF4 which is 720p60 on xbone. Instead of multiplying it to 4k60, they could go with 1080p120 and then upscale with ML to 4k120 :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :partying_face:

Not to mention the very obvious benefits to multiplayer games and xcloud streaming. This improves the player experience across the board, “for free” (and with later more stronger consoles it could be improved even more)

1 Like

Why don’t they make the badges of the same size?

(And why does it bother me so much?)

2 Likes

lol OCD right there, kinda makes you think they went through all that effort for badges there must be more coming, I’d say a Resolution Boost tag in future with that DirectML stuffs

1 Like

I also found it weird that John started comparing this as “something similar” to the PS5’s 60fps upgrade on some games. Came off as downplaying but that’s just me. This is nothing like that as devs don’t touch or patch the code at all. Richard had to immidiate jump in and point out the difference. Just weird all around.

6 Likes

TBH I closed the video as soon as Jhon’s voice came up, but if it really went like that I’m not really surprised.

5 Likes

Everyone is reading way to much into things.

I’m sure that was done to proactively address the points that others would be making had they not talked about it at all. It’s one way of educating the viewers, by trying to predict what some will say and discuss it before hand. If anything, this is more of them extinguishing fanboy reactions before they’re even a spark.

1 Like

The only thing strange about DFs video where indeed the comparisons with God of War and Ghosts of Tsdhdasdsadsgu. Why bring up Playstation stuff when there are enough Xbox framerate upgrades for Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4, Halo, …

If Digital Foundry hate the console wars (and i believe them), why bring this shit up?

4 Likes

Clicks dunno. In the end Days Gone etc. are native updates and fps boost is on a system lvl

Nah. They could have easily explained the differences from the get go to educate viewers who would bring that up. John flat out said it was similar to what PS5 is doing wifh their games which couldn’t be further from the truth. It was only then that Richard stepped in to explain the difference.

1 Like

Bethesda acquisition & a dozen other studios meet TLLDOB.

TLLDOB meet the Bethesda acquisition & a dozen other studios.

3 Likes

It will take years for new Zenimax exclusives to hit Game Pass.

I would argue that you purchase a publisher precisely because of the immediate exclusive content you get.