List of FPS Boost Games

Wish I could say I’m surprised.

There are always goal posts to be moved, I’m sure they’ll come up with something.

So I installed Sniper Elite 4 but the option to turn on the FPS upgrade is nowhere to be found?

It’s not an option. It just happens automatically.

I could swear they said they added a option to turn it off and on under game management?

What about the 2 or so minutes spent talking about the lack of Fallout 4 in the first batch and wondering what happened? lol

2 Likes

That’s not available yet, it’ll be added in Spring. Right now there’s no option.

1 Like

Oh okay thanks for the info bud :slight_smile:

1 Like

Games I want to get the FPS boost:

• Dead Rising 3
  • Ryse
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  • Crackdown 3

Of course there’s a bunch of 360 and OG games too, but I’ll start with Xbox One for now

14 Likes

This is cool but I can’t help but wonder what FPS Boost would do for current gen games. Also seems like a lot of effort into BC when BC is not the main issue with the Xbox ecosystem right now.

1 Like

So I played the original Super Lucky’s Tale on the Xbox One X and enjoyed it okay. But man I have been playing the New Super Lucky’s Take on Game Pass at 120 FPS with this FPS Boost, and it plays really awesome. Frame rate is the star of this next gen for me having experienced things like this (yes I notice a difference between 60 and 120 when testing it) and being able to play Assassin’s Creed Valhalla open world RPG at 60 FPS. And Xbox makes it even nicer being able to Quick Resume easily between those 2 games and others with ease :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What the BC team and the engineering does has zero effect on what other issues there are.

2 Likes

Current gen games are already optimized for the current gen systems.

The FPS Boost is a technology to improve frame rate on games that were designed for the previous generations. Jason Ronald said in an interview that the current gen systems are so fast that the CPU and GPU would become idle when running BC games (that ran on consoles with a much inferior CPU and GPU), so they designed this technology to improve said games by using the raw power of the system instead of messing around with the game’d code (which they obviously wouldn’t be able to do).

4 Likes

Fallout New Vegas please

5 Likes

Can’t wait to see how this feature will work on NextBox in 2027 … 120fps to 240fps from even more Xbox One games. :sunglasses:

1 Like

360 Games I want to get the FPS boost:

• RDR1
  • Max Payne 3
  • Dark Souls
  • Dead Space
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution

Played some Far Cry 4 tonight. The image quality leaves something to be desired (it’s a game from 2014 after all) but the performance is so smooth and it just feels wonderful. Very impressive!

Does this mean that new BC games are not being added to the program?

pretty disapointing if true

Not sure how you are deducing this.

I think the aim is to bring all older titles to the programme. The only bottleneck is the dev - they have to give a green signal for FPSBoost and Auto HDR.

I’m sure Auto Super Resolution is going to be next from a BC platform update.

2 Likes

Hot take: Give Fallout New Vegas a Remake.

No auto upgrades.

1 Like