List of FPS Boost Games

1 Like

I’m installing it right now. :slight_smile: Hoping for Primal and New Dawn next because those are in my backlog to 1000/1000.

These are the types of system things that make me excited to be part of the Xbox ecosystem, awesome engineering work to help preserve and improve games!

4 Likes

This basically confirms it’s a system level feature like auto hdr. Very nice. I think sooner than later we will see almost the entire library supporting this

Very nice! I have 2 of those games in my backlog so much appreciated. As someone with a humongous backlog the BC-team are my heroes! Things like this guarantees people stay in the ecosystem.

4 Likes

The obstacle is going to be when a game’s animation system or physics system depends on 30 frames being rendered per second in order to calculate at the correct speed. In those cases, only an actual patch to the game’s code is going to be able to fix it.

Haha fair enough mate :joy:

Just a heads up if anyone wants to test this out Sniper Elite 4 is on Game Pass :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there an OS update that needs to come down before this is enabled or is it ready right now? Anyone tested yet?

I am downloading Sniper Elite right now so I’ll reply to this when it’s done and let you know :slight_smile:

Looks like I might have to try Sniper Elite after watching DF’s video, and if the work the BC Wizards aren’t doing isn’t enough, Sniper Elite is on Game Pass.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1362117833799266307

4 Likes

The amount of time DF spend talking about the lack of resolution bump in a video dedicated to an FPS boost feature is confounding.

14 Likes

They probably were wondering why those three titles didn’t get a rez bump along with the FPS boost. But I’d imagine this is like the original batch of BC Titles in beta and the four 4K enhanced games at One X launch. They want to get it into the hands of people and see how it works with the general public breaking it in first.

Also a good selection of titles in terms of use case scenario since Watch Dogs, Far Cry and Sniper Elite are fairly heavy CPU bound games. I’d imagine UFC 4 is also because EA Vancouver’s variation of Frostbite is using a ton of post processing, so that would be a big GPU challenge. Very interested to see how they start combining techniques like resolution enhancements and FPS boost in the future. Especially as in the Digital Foundry interview they mention MS want to extend it to 360 and Original Xbox as well.

The longterm value proposition that the Xbox ecosystem offers is unrivalled.

They don’t have to do this, yet they do.

13 Likes

Yeah i notice what sup with that lol i mean it a FPS Boost not a FPS and Resolution Boost.

What makes it more baffling is that John has repeatedly mentioned how much he prefers framerate over resolution. Particularly in his PS5 vs Series X comparisons.

5 Likes

I think John likes the PS5 more he always seem to like their stuff more Richard is the 1 that prefer Xbox i think so might be some bias there.

3 Likes

Great stuff by MS and their BC program is the best in the business.

This level of commitment ensures that buying 3rd party games is better on Xbox and they are supported in the future

1 Like

I wonder what John is going to say when Xbox launches systemwide super resolution.

Auto HDR, FPS Boost, Super resolution.

Xbox is a class above in gaming tech.