List of FPS Boost Games

I’m praying that either Yakuza Kiwami 2 or Sonic Generations gets the boost. Batman: Arkham Knight too.

1 Like

Dishonored 2 next PLEASEEE

3 Likes

That’s exciting and dissapointing.

I love the tech, but 5 games and not the one I want to play, but hey, we’ll see more sooner or later !

1 Like

It’s system wide, but:

• There are multiple methods developed, they test the game with all of them and apply the one that works best.
  • They are still getting publisher approval before enabling the enhacements because for example some publisher might hold off the enhancements in favor of a remaster.
  • It could be that the game breaks (for example animations becoming too fast, or in game timers running faster than they should), so they go again and retest the game to make sure everything works as intended
1 Like

Lol it’s weird seeing comments like “I hope they add more” it’s like nah they won’t they’re just having these 5 games.

12 Likes

Oh that’s really good. So let’s say I don’t want auto HDR in for example Sniper Elite 4,i can just disable it in the game itself? That would be great, because I don’t like having to disable it in the Xbox settings itself. Man I wish this would be done for any HDR title, because I find HDR in gaming still very inconsistent.

2 Likes

I’m going to install Sniper Elite 4. It’s disappointing that there is only 5 games and not what we expected, but I guess it’s just the beginning. I hope there is a lot more to come, sooner than later.

This is new tech and they will drop games as they see fit just like how the BC team works. I dont get the anxiety that people seem to be having here.

1 Like

Game selection is a little weak initially, but I have owned Far Cry 4 for a long time and haven’t played it yet, so Ill at least get to test out one of them.

1 Like

This is exactly what @Klobrille was saying. It’s just the start of something. I’m not interested in these first few games, but I’m still very excited to see what is done with this feature in the future.

4 Likes

Yes, and the best part is that, while the X enhancements for 360 games required a new update on BC games to the new XDK, this one requires no updates on the games themselves (basically because they found a way so the game always have all access to the full SX hardware regardless of how old the SDK was)

So I believe this will be activate in way more titles and way faster than X enhanced BC games were, and hopefully when it returns the same applies to resolution multiplier

3 Likes

going by what DF says, it’s pretty impressive that is basically API injected

This is the silent backend team upgrade part that everyone misses on. Ever since 2017 the platform, ops and hardware teams have improved tremendously. Besides this, they have the support of the Azure team too.

The team that is working on BC titles are wizards. The BC team started with the legendary Dave Cutler creating the necessary hypervisor tech.

Playstation just implemented hardware versions of PS4 and pro tech. No such constraints here on the xbox side. Which means they can even have a hypervisor for PS, if they choose to do that.

Expect across the board tech upgrades for other things too.

1 Like
9 Likes

Wait, it launches today? I missed that, that’s great.

Same here, I might as well finally try Far Cry 4

1 Like

I just hope this isn’t the end of more 360 games coming to the bc programme.

1 Like

Looks like it. You can access these settings in the “manage game” menu with the new submenu “compatibility options”. Nice that they listened to the community and implemented our wishes!

1 Like

Did you mean to reply this to me bro?

Lol, definitely not, but I can’t find the post I saw before asking if it was system wide or on a per game basis XD