Lets speculate the Xbox + playstation games roadmap (zenimax exclusivity related)

76 is an MMO survival game thats completely different from a traditional entry. ESO doesnt interfere with Elder Scrolls 6.

You honestly think Fallout 76 is “completely different” than fallout 4. Felt pretty similar to me. You make fallout 5 With optional co-op and you might as well put 76 in the trash can and light it on fire.

Also fallout 76 is NOT a mmo.

I haven’t played the Wolfenstein games as I joined this gen late (will now. I like to stay in the loop about XGS). That said, my understanding is the story is ungoing. I think they will conclude with a third and then maybe try out a new IP for a bit.

As for Id, they have two teams I believe. One in Munich and one in Texas. They did Doom 2016 and Eternal while working on Quake Champions and RAGE 2 (the latter with Avalanche).

Who believes there is a possibility of Gears 5 story DLC for XSX launch?

Hope it happens🤞

1 Like

Wolfenstien 3 is just around the corner. I believe so because it’s a game which has already dipped it’s hand in next gen technology features and can deliver next gen games faster then any other studio under microsoft.

1 Like

• Forza Motorsport 8
  • Halo Infinite
  • Psychonauts 2 (technically coming to PS4/XB1 too but PS5 version hasn’t been confirmed)
  • Age Of Empires 4

• Hellblade 2
  • Fable (remember, it’s been in development since at least 2017)
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • MachineGames’s new IP
  • Everwild
  • State Of Decay 3
  • AOE 25th Anniversary Collection

• Starfield

That’s about as far as i’m going, the rest of the titles either aren’t far along enough to give a rough estimate, or they are unconfirmed (Wasteland 4, Dishonored 3, Evil Within 3, etc).

2023 for Starfield? I think it’s been in development in Maryland since late 2015. My guess is Q2 2022 at latest.

Yes, but you have to remember that both mid-gen refreshes, and proper next-gen consoles will be out by 2022, One would assume that BGS Maryland is taking an extra year to make things look better and be more optimized on XSS and XSX. It has also been rumored that the game got essentially rebooted back in 2018, and since Bethesda tends to work on 6-7 year dev cycles for new games (TES being the only exception), 2023 makes the most sense.

1 Like

Starfield (Gameplay?) Trailer on The Game Awards 2020. I know Microsoft likes to announce stuff there lately, I think it’d be a great place to debut the game. Now, when it’s released? I am secretly hoping for 2021, but it’s most likely 2022 (or later) :frowning:

1 Like

There absolutely won’t be mid gen refreshes in 2022. The tech won’t move ahead fast enough to warrant that till 2024 at least.

And no Bethesda doesn’t work on 6-7 year dev cycles. Maybe 6-7 if you include pre-production. Fallout3, Skyrim and fallout 4 had 3-4 years of production development each. Starfield has had 4.5-5 years already of in production development. Pre-production started 7-8 years ago. I’ve never heard a rumor that they rebooted the game.

That would make sense. Or XO.

I suspect MS has already signed a deal to make it exclusive in case the deal doesn’t go through (which it should) so they should be able to show it earlier.

What I want to know is what are the plans for Fallout?

Fallout is probably going to end up being the biggest franchise under Xbox aside Minecraft (even bigger than Halo) and maybe Elder Scrolls. I have no doubt that will see a future Fallout main title soon, hopefully more like Fallout 3 and less like Fallout 4 :nauseated_face:

Apparently Fallout Shelter is extremely popular and with Zenimax, MS now acquired a small mobile based developer :wink:

Of course as soon as the acquisition happened Obsidian’s twitter was flooded about New Vegas 2. With the massive investment MS is going to make in the series, I feel that eventually InXile and Obsidian are both going to interact with it at some point in the future.

I know everyone else has their own projects going on but what if

Bethesda: Main Fallout series, Fallout 5

Obsidian: Spin off games, New Vegas sequel

InXile: Isometric Fallout titles

Or maybe Xbox should just leave it all to Bethesda?

I think Fallout receives it’s own dedicated studio that’s formed soon. Think how Halo has 343, Gears has TC etc. MS will want a new game starting dev immediately.

I think that would be a bad idea. I could understand 343i and Coalition because Bungie and Epic moved on but you literally have all of the Fallout folks under one house ei Fargo, Todd, Cain, Feargus etc

Unless Bethesda wants to hire people and open a second studio but I would feel better if a Fallout vet was leading the team and not some jabroni who’s never worked on the series.

The game will be heavily supervised by Bethesda, with assistance from Inexile, Obsidian as well. MS cant and wont wait for Todd, and the vets due to the need to make money back from thier investment. I’m thinking a new studio is formed next year with a targeted release date of 2025

Ah now there’s an idea, a dedicated Fallout studio under InXile/Bethesda/Obsidian

Not a bad idea at all and you can bet Phil will drop the bag on it.

I honestly just think they’ll expand an existing BGS like Montreal or the new Dallas one, if they aren’t already at work on a Fallout game. Or Zenimax Online makes an actual full-on Fallout MMO.

It also wouldn’t suprise me if Fargo and InXile supervised a remake of 1 and 2 in the Wasteland 3 modified Unity engine. Probably made by Krome or the NOLA studio.

I think Obsidian will return to it after Outer Worlds 2.

Just a theory, Obsidian will be busy with Avowed, Grounded, The Outer Worlds sequel so they cant do a new Fallout as well. Todd and his team have Starfield, ES VI. Inexile are busy with thier new IP. To me it must makes sense MS open a new AAA franchise studio for Fallout as the IP is big enough for it

That’s a good shout actually. Turning Montreal into the Fallout team is another good idea.

1 Like

I think obsidian should not do an outer worlds sequal but should do a fallout game instead. Its a stronger iP and personally fallout is one of my favourite game franchises.