Layoffs at Microsoft hit 343 industries and Bethesda Games Studios

Possibly, but that’s the point I was trying to make because other party jobs are more likely to be safe if acquisition doesn’t happen. I know there are benefits to joining a mega corporation, but this is the dark side of acquisitions and mergers. Also, I am not trying to use this to be anti-acqusition because as a person in Microsoft ecosystem I am all for gamepass benefits. However, in the human side of things this is the dark side that can happen with acquisitions.

I’m guessing either he considers his job done and the multiplayer team are on the right path or the game is beyond saving and he’s moved on

I’m going with the latter tbh. Halo endless will be a refresh.

They just got rid of a whole bunch of single player focused employees, it Halo has a future it will have nothing to do with Endless which I’m assuming was some sort of campaign/expansion

Is 343 on that or certain affinity. Let’s be honest for the amount of money ms invested in halo infinite , this was coming.

Guys I know how to fix Halo a game that suffered multiple delays and a way to slow GAAS approach because they are understaffed and have to rely way to much on contractors, its by firing a lot of people!

Microsoft can fuck all the way off with their all in on gaming coments in my book! What a joke! Just as things started to look better!

3 Likes

Maybe they are anticipating abk and just sticking halo with another studio?.

The entirety of ABK, jesus man.

1 Like

CA are on the BR thing, I dont think anyone knows what The Endless is but I/others assumed it was some sort of campaign thing but who knows

If ABK goes through I anticipate Halo getting fridged, at least for a while until they figure out where to go with it

Personally I think 343 needs to move on to something different, Halo brings far too much pressure and expectations for the current management

1 Like

No other studio can make a Halo game.

This is a 5% layoff across all of MS.

You would be naive to think gaming would be completely unaffected

Halo will be fine, as usual.

1 Like

It sucks so much.

I remember those tweets. So unfair and infuriating.

4 Likes

Maybe, but Microsoft clearly don’t see it as the franchise they used to.

1 Like

wtf

The things I really want to say about this would probably get me banned! I’m just going to say that they lost nearly all of my goodwill today! What an absolutely stupid thing to do!

3 Likes

Does Staten departure and massive singleplayer team layoff means Halo : The Endless is put on freeze ?

I have very little knowledge about these things, but have there been layoffs at other departments at MS too or solely Xbox? I mean MS has been starting to get truly serious about gaming with Game Pass, all these acquisitions.

it’s 10,000 people which is far more than the number working across all of xbox.

8 Likes

Most of the layoffs seem to be focused on the engineering departments so Cloud, hardware like hololens and supporting sales staff and HR.

2 Likes

The SP team? Oh wow. Man am I glad I’m not a big Halo fan anymore, this news would have hit me hard otherwise.

Not that I don’t want a great SP expansion and in the future a brand new Halo game with SP.

Kinda shocked. I was pretty confident that Halo Infinite lost any chance of making a comeback after that first year but even I didn’t picture Staten leaving.

2 Likes