KOTOR Remake has been delayed indefinitely

Not a peep over here about it yet. I expect much outrage, conspiracy theories about evil Sony and such tomorrow…

…but who am I kidding lol.

7 Likes

Its really true when development issues arise at Xbox, Xbox is blamed. When development issues happen at Sony, the devs are blamed.

7 Likes

Unlucky but it was moneyhatted anyway, couldn’t care less.

Le OOF!

If this was timed exclusive to Xbox and this happened Phil would get the blame 100%. You know it.

14 Likes

10 Likes

There’s a lot of crow to be eaten by people saying “how could Xbox have missed this?!?!?”

11 Likes

Because it’s not Xbox.

6 Likes

MS dodged a bullet. I was so angry about it when it was announced, though i never heard of Aspyr prior to them supposedly working on this. I’m not to proud too admit a bit of schadenfreude on my part when i first heard the news, but things like this tend to suck for the devs. As someone who has watched many episodes of “What Happened” hopefully this isn’t to damaging to their dev house, a lot of money tends to go into these kinds of things and some dev houses sunk because of it.

11 Likes

I find it hilarious (and maybe sad) to read the positive spin like “Sony has high standards. They clearly making sure they got a masterpiece.” So we’re not allowed to say that for Starfield then. Good to know.

13 Likes

I assume most people are basing this off resetera reactions ? That place is against anything Xbox…

Double standards for years

1 Like

Not even there, barely seeing any outrage online, everyone is just cool with this apparently.

6 Likes

You know, when you compare to “Xbox concerns,” those are tame and at least got resolved before the article dated. Here, this is legit concerning.

The more i was hearing about this game the less interested i got. Talks of changing story beats, changing the gameplay from turn based to hack n slash for no reason, etc. Shame.

3 Likes

It’s pretty amazing that it basically boils down to the fact that a handful of popular and well received 3rd person action-adventure games has created an environment where any Sony misstep is quickly forgotten and forgiven essentially because those games exist.

“None of these screwups matter because…God of War”

11 Likes

I doubt Chris with the allegations is allowed anywhere near an Xbox studio/ project Microsoft itself is trying to stay clear of that stuff, especially after the whole Alex Kipman stuff came out

There’s plenty of SW games in development

4 Likes

How involved are Sony with KOTOR?

1 Like

Sony paid for at least a full year of exclusivity and are publishing the game.

5 Likes

This is pretty involved. It’s likely Sony just got on this game because it would look bad for Xbox, not thinking enough about the project itself or the quality of the team :risi:

9 Likes