KOTOR Remake has been delayed indefinitely

9 Likes

I mean they led off their big showcase last year with it and were thumping their chests about it…it’s definitely not a situation where Sony was like “eh I guess we’ll take it” and can now wash their hands of any blame or responsibility IMO…

But sadly we all know the overwhelming majority of the blame will got to Aspyr and Lucas Arts…

3 Likes

It’s definitely Phil Spencer to blame for this somehow I just gotta find it somewhere

13 Likes

So apparently they showed a vertical slice to Sony and Lucasfilm and the next week the art director and design director were fired. Pretty obvious someone was not happy with how the game looked and likely to an unsalvageable extent too.

If the devs were happy with what they were showing, this is some real disconnect. So yeah Sony should get some blame here.

1 Like

Now i want to see the demo. Did they make it cell shaded or what?

1 Like

I bet Someone at Sony was apalled the camera angle wasn’t over the shoulder

16 Likes

Sony who? This is an Aspyr game. Never heard of this “Sony” you’re talking about. I heard that the KOTOR series is associated with Xbox anyway. Probably published by Xbox. I bet Phil Spencer is behind this screwup! That guy has got to go.

12 Likes

What do you mean your doing a zoomed out traditional 3rd person game (flips the table) heads will roll for this!!!

1 Like

Yeah, we’ll have to see what happens. If it was up to me, I would call Embracer and say, we’re bringing this game in house and then say to Bluepoint, he guys, guess what game you’re remaking now? lol

Joking aside, this is what I would do if I was Jim Ryan/Hulst.

We still like to keep of site drama to a minimum please!

2 Likes

Yeh sorry, I’ll delete the post.

3 Likes

The news gets worse. These were the two they fired:

Jason Minor - Art Director/Character Lead on SWTOR.

Brad Prince - Designer on the original KOTOR.

13 Likes

Do we know why these two where fired?

Could be the standard faithful to the original game vs new staff who want to change to much.

1 Like

Not much sad dad characters probably led to halt on production. In all seriousness, it’s pretty clear the reveal trailer was set to easily grasped the fans’ attention and say “Only in PS can excite you.” Otherwise, why be disappointed now. Should have known beforehand.

What’s weird is that the article implies the devs were confident in what they were showing and they still got the axe

Either the devs were very misguided on what they actually had or expectations from Sony/upper management were far beyond what aspyr are capable of

2 Likes

You mean making Square’s expectation look reasonable? That’s quite the feat. Maybe Destruction Allstars traumatized them. That or maybe devs thought they did good by their own standards. I mean they did leave a game that you can’t finish it at all at launch, so who really knows.

Good thing the original is still accessible to people. A port for all systems would lower the blow by a lot IMO.

Again, if this is a Sony funded project (or if it would’ve been) why didn’t they take one of their in-house studios? Seems like FF7R all over again.

Does the port uses the Xbox enhanced system or not?

There would be a lot of “KotoRemake was the one game that would convince me to buy an Xbox”

2 Likes

Well even if KOTOR will become another The Last Guardian or FF7R, its announcement still left a lasting impression like “E3 of Dreams” where the games did not launch until the years later or was bad (like Shenmue 3).

2 Likes