KoToR Remake Discussion Thread

They don’t own Star Wars KOTOR.

They do own the company that made the better Star Wars KOTOR game.

1 Like

That’s interesting :thinking: Well now I expect more of the game. Then again for 70 million I wonder how much Sony paid of that. Goes back to my point that Sony gets these exclusive deals for pennies. Imagine a number they gave for this then imagine that Xbox should’ve double that because this is freaking KOTOR we’re talking about, a legacy OG Xbox game should be worth the 5-10 million Sony paid for it.

This game might be good but in the grand scheme of things this is going to be like the Quake situation. A bunch of people up in arms that a 20+ year old remake of a game is going to another platform, a bunch of people complaining that Xbox isn’t “aggressive” and they’re never going to win if they play soft ball. It’s a bunch of nonsense.

If you’re an Xbox fan and you continue to look at what’s not coming to Xbox as compared to what is, that’s your loss.

2 Likes

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Game most people ignored and only got real recognition years later.

2 Likes

Until proven otherwise, they are the publisher and paid all of it (assuming Lucasfilm does not partially fund). This is not a deal with a third party publisher.

Seems to be Microsoft only that has problems dealing with Disney then.

Also they got Pirates of the Caribbean DLC for Sea of Thieves so no.

I can’t believe how often it can’t be stated that Microsoft isn’t in control of what Disney wants to do.

I’m sure Sony would love to say that KOTOR:R is fully exclusive but they can’t. They literally have to crow about a TIMED EXCLUSIVE because Disney who owns the IP is making them.

Xbox doesn’t own Star Wars, it can’t do anything about it’s “legacy” with the OG Xbox.

4 Likes

I like this Prog

This prog is fully annoyed that this is somehow a fucking scandal.

THEY DON’T OWN THE IP.

I get it, it’s like an attack on sentimental value. In the end, it is what it is though.

So Project Dragon, Contraband and the other Project Dragon are the xbox counters to these deals We presume? Do we have anything else?

“The Outer Worlds sold best on PS4. The Outer Worlds II being Xbox exclusive is embarrassing”

“Deathloop had 6 different trailers on three different PlayStation events. The fact that Deathloop II isn’t on PS5 is embarrassing”

See how this works?

1 Like

Well, I still think Quake was a mistake, so much so that resparkled Bethesda exclusivity status and MS execs had to shut down the controversy directly. This is obviously much worse, it’s a remake, so a full new game.

1 Like

THEY. DON’T. OWN. STAR. WARS.

It’s on Game Pass? Pretty sure they removed it a while back. But it is only $10 I believe, and it does go on sale occasionally.

I personally think Sony fans should be outraged that the game is coming to Xbox, like you guys will be when/if Indiana Jones comes to Playstation.

I think this thread is a little hyperbolic but I understand that people want to talk about KOTOR so we’re leaving the thread up for now. If you want to continue the discussions please discuss them in good faith, not acting as if Xbox is somehow responsible for Lucas deciding to work with Sony. Xbox doesn’t own Star Wars. Period. I’ve already had to silence some who seem keen on missing that point and continued the charade of concern.

4 Likes

That makes no sense, the situations are not the same.

What’s the difference? Game published by first party/platform owner, Lucasfilm license.

Xbox is funding this game from inception and its made from an xbox first party. Aspyr is making KOTOR as a third party.