KoToR Remake Discussion Thread

Imagine when the Sunset Overdrive Remake gets announced lol

2 Likes

I don’t care in the slightest for a bomb, KOTOR was part of Xbox legacy.

Bioware made the original KotoR not Obsidian. Obsidian made the sequel.

3 Likes

Haha, it will definitely happen.

This thread is bad but to your credit the original title and argument was worse.

1 Like

They are seemingly at the mercy of Sony will outside acquisition sphere where they can wrest their financial might, but keeping legacy and relationships is a really sore point for Xbox.

Xbox quite literally cannot block the KOTOR IP from being made on other platforms. Continuing to complain about it as if Xbox should have done something is concern trolling or a complete misunderstanding of the situation. You have every right to be mad but going around acting like Xbox should have done something makes no sense.

4 Likes

I understand, I just don’t think it is really a logical expectation though. There are a ton of games that could be remade and you can’t prevent other people from doing so.

Again, I think we should be happy that it’s only timed (as long as it’s not FF7 Remake timed). You’ll get to play the game, which is better than the alternative.

1 Like

Sure but both are classic Xbox games. Sony is such a petty company. The thing that is so annoying is this game won’t have the big budget scale it deserves.

1 Like

I am pretty sure the rumors Aspyr was working on a big budget game

$70 million.

1 Like

The original is on GamePass right now, and is backwards compatible.

Nobody gave a shit about Kotor when Aspyr did the ports to Switch a few months back.

What the :doge: is this thread?

Ok, now I’m discovering being mad for a Kotor moneyhat is concern trolling. How can Xbox inspire trust if they can’t even keep their legacy? Sony knows it very well and that’s why it’s targeting Xbox historic relationships outside their usual stunts with SE.

Explain to us where the money hat is. Who is Sony paying to keep this game off Xbox? Themselves?

Do you really believe this game exists because of Sony and not that they jumped on it as soon they caught wind of it? Come on dude, they can get Spiderman and Wolverine for good if they want.

1 Like

All we know is the game is published by Sony. Anything else is imagination.

Ya’ll are upset over imaginations.

1 Like

BioWare developed KOTOR.

Obsidian made KOTOR 2 The Sith Lords.

How can Xbox honor it’s legacy with an IP they don’t even own?

They made KOTOR backwards compatiable, same with Jade Empire.

That’s all they can do.

But you know what they can do to honor their legacy?

Make a new Fable :ballot_box_with_check:

Continue to strongly associate Bethesda with Xbox with history such as games as Morrowind and Oblivion :ballot_box_with_check:

Establish itself as the place to play western RPGS :ballot_box_with_check:

Like what more do you want? They don’t own Star Wars. They can’t do shit with it unless the mouse says so.

4 Likes

$70 million ? That’s a lot

I hope the game succeeds for the studio because their previous projects were Remaster and weak games

The studio experience is something I doubt , lets hope the game will work good for them

I never played KOTOR so I’m just hoping it’s well done and actually a good game.

1 Like