KoToR Remake Discussion Thread

I don’t recall a single game with an important history on PS made exclusive on Xbox other than Tomb Raider and we know what happened. Acquiring more and more is the only way, there will be a double standard.

@GamepadX Xbox has to buy a publisher to make these moves.

I can’t imagine why anybody cares about this. I’d much much rather Microsoft put that $10 million towards Double Fine’s next game, or on securing content for Game Pass. The game will come to Xbox in time, it’s not like we aren’t used to waiting for games.

1 Like

So if Sony was like “I want to remake KOTOR,” Microsoft is supposed to say nah you can’t because we own the developers that originally made it?

Sony is publishing this game. What on earth do you want MS to do short of saying “I want to remake KOTOR” first?

How is the publisher of this game paying pennies? Lol

2 Likes

Sony is paying for skipping Xbox and MS should have prevented that imo, this is worse than Bethesda games.

Sony is publishing the game, lol. A publisher funds the games development. We should be happy we’re getting it at all.

I don’t understand how you continue to fail to understand that Xbox can’t block Lucas from making star wars games on other platforms.

1 Like

Wow, first poster and thread I place on the ignore list for this site. That really says all you need to know.

1 Like

I’ll believe Sony is the publisher when it’s publishing on pc and I’m guessing it’s not.

Oh, you should use the ignore function more, it’s great!

1 Like

I don’t understand how you don’t understand this move is particularly annoying for people who liked the game back then on Xbox and wonder why Xbox gamers always get the short hand of the stick in these situations.

3 Likes

Maybe Microsoft doesnt want to throw a bunch of cash at a bunch of remakes? Maybe deals are made without their knowledge. There could be a million reasons why this happened, but in the end what does it matter other than PS5 is the home of Remakes and Ports?

1 Like

Who is the silent partner and why aren’t they publishing the PlayStation version?

You know, being upset won’t last as long if you just acknowledge that Sony is the publisher lol.

Nobody is saying block Lucasgames on other platforms but ensure something like KOTOR that is linked to the xbox brand to not fall into what happened today. Its that simple.

2 Likes

Let’s wait how this remake of a no name Studio turns out.

1 Like

MS have no real interest in licenses. It’s a pain to deal with Disney and they are much better doing thier own thing

2 Likes

They’ll publish only PS port, watch it, otherwise it would not be timed.

It MIGHT be timed cuz Lucasfilm was like “f yall, release it everywhere”. Which MIGHT happen to Indiana Jones as well.

I mean, we just saw MLB release on Xbox lol.

What real publisher is going to fund the game and sit in silence?

They can’t do everything.

It’s annoying but getting mad at Xbox makes 0 sense.

1 Like

I agree but the reason I say this is a bad look for Xbox is that if a KOTOR remake was even a possibility then it should’ve been Xbox initiating the creation of the game. It’s disheartening as a fan to know that Microsoft owns Obsidian and Disney was willing to license the property but instead of Xbox creating a multi million dollar AAA celebration of an OG Xbox title we get this budget Sony smoke and mirrors port/ remake that exists only to snub Xbox.

2 Likes