Knockout City coming Day One to Xbox Game Pass

There is clearly some deal in place with MS, if you see the EA Play selection on Steam is poorer than the one on PC Games Pass through the EA Desktop app, the console one is the best (except the Pro tier only on pc with third party games, but then it’s an alternative, poorer Game Pass) with high profile exclusive titles not on pc at all.

Compare the Steam selection here:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_EA_Play_games

from the list availabe on pc game pass. Basically MS grants you the best console version of EA vault (thanks to backwards compatibility not on PS4) and the EA Play basic version of Origin through the new app.

1 Like

I can imagine the creators of rocket arena wish they got the same treatment if this ends up being a success.

That being said I did enjoy my brief time with rocket arena.

Exactly, at first I took that as the game coming in Game Pass Day One, but through EA Play, which means only having access to the whole game for a limited time ( 10 hours I think ), but it seems there is not time limit, so this is literally a first.

I think we will end up having a hybrid between EA Play and EA Play Pro, with some games ( not all ) hitting Game Pass Day One with no time limits. That also gives much more credit to the rumour around BF6.

1 Like

Through Game Pass you already have access to the best EA vault collection (the Xbox one, thanks to console exclusives games not on pc and backwards compatibility) and the Origin EA Play collection on pc (significantly better than the Steam one) through the new EA Desktop app and, on top of all that, EA Play is “only” an added value of Game Pass, not the end all of the subscription. If they succeed to pull a similar one with Ubisoft it will be huge.

List of EA Play games - Wikipedia

Hope it fairs better than the Rocket Launcher game EA release last year.

Game’s soundtrack is now available on Spotify and other streaming services.

The fact you made a mistake when naming it says it all about the recognition of the game, haha. I bought it for 5 bucks 10 days after launch, I personally really enjoyed the gameplay loop on PC (cheaters aside) and this game feels like more of that same feeling, albeit in a largely different gameplay. EA Play + Game Pass Ultimate should guarantee a great playerbase from the start, let’s hope it sticks the landing!

1 Like

Ten-day free trial is impressive. Coupled with many Game Pass users, it should reach a good base of players. Smart strategy