Kena: Bridge of Spirits delayed to Q1 2021

That’s a shame. It’s a game I am very much looking forward to playing when it comes to Xbox. Aside from Ratchet it was the most impressive looking game at the Sony event.

1 Like

I don’t take issue with it so much in terms of fairness, moreso that it’s kinda cynical as a tactic if they do that deliberately. The other thing is that by showing gameplay slices, you give gamers the impression that since the game is in a playable state, it must be able to release in a matter of months. So it is presumed to come that holiday and when it misses that mark, it gets penciled in for the following year only to show up at E3 again and get delayed, etc.

I dunno about the ‘they earned the right’ argument because I don’t see the vast majority of their games as notably better than Tomb Raider or Gears or other AAA third person titles tbh. That is subjective though. OTOH, I see a lot of games touted from ‘the best 1P lineup ever’ that don’t even crack the top 25 best PS4 games wrt reviews (Spiderman, GoT, Horizon, Death Stranding, Detroit, Days Gone). Hell, Horizon is the only one there cracking the top 50 and only just barely. During the 360 era, XGS had twice as many games above 90 on MC as SCEA had for PS4. So I dunno how one could tell if they earned it or if it’s down to their marketing being effective. During the 360 era MS never had this kinda reputation despite putting out more varied and better games from a reviews pov.