JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

I understand. This year does feel more “push” than any other years. I think last year they tried, but probably didn’t expand ahead. Direct this year was more to the fans’ liking, including giving ESO its own space rather than taking the spot. Third party event is getting its groove more and more. Showcase was a show stopper. If Parris is telling the truth, then we can expect more.

Hey everyone, I don’t use the forum here much but I’ve been keeping a running list of JRPGs coming to Xbox with dates and all that. I’ve been saying for most of this year that this is the best year ever for JRPGs and Japanese game support for Xbox (despite some skips) but when you see this all laid out, it’s hard to not feel like Xbox is on the right track. Please don’t get hung up on whether certain games fit the genre of JRPG or not. Like Dragons Dogma 2, FF14 and Sandland are probably the ones you could argue about, but just pretend they’re not on the list and then we’re all good =)

JRPGs on Xbox in 2024:

Already Released:

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Persona 3 Reload

Unicorn Overlord

Final Fantasy XIV

Dragon’s Dogma 2

Grandia HD Collection

Terra Memoria

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Sand Land

Front Mission 2 Remake

Neptunia: Sisters VS Sisters

Octopath Traveler II

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance

Upcoming Release Dates:

Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail - July 2

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Isekai Chronicles - August 8

Visions of Mana - August 29

WitchSpring R - August 29

Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis/The Answer - September 10 (Perk with Game Pass Ultimate)

Master Ace Detective Archives: RAIN CODE - October 1

Metaphor: ReFantazio - October 11

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake - November 14

Northern Hemisphere for Seasons

R-Type Tactics I & II Cosmos - Fall

Metal Slug Tactics - Fall

Fantasian Neo Dimension - Winter

Suikoden I & II HD Remaster: Gate Rune and Dunan Unification Wars - TBD

Sword Art Online: Fractured Daydream - TBD 2024

WiZmans World Re:Try - TBD 2024

Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution - TBD 2024

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing the list. Rain Code is not a jrpg. It’s an adventure.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to giving the Shin Megami Tensei franchise a go I’ve heard that it’s way more difficult than Persona.

2 Likes

Seems like the Nintendo Direct was pretty kind to Xbox JRPG fans.

9 Likes

They realized they’re not fighting games.

1 Like

lots of more games i will start and never finish :+1:

4 Likes

https://x.com/milesdompier/status/1828450653544579247?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

3 Likes

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1828804601820430605?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

Xbox is dead though.

8 Likes

Said this for a reason…

1 Like

Yes it sure was! I don’t get on here very often but yeah. I’m really stoked about the Atelier trailer and info we got from today. That was a huge surprise.

I think after TGS I’ll update this list and I’ve started on one for 2025. Should be fun! Things are looking good for JRPG enjoyers on Xbox