JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Octopath 2 on Xbox is a certainty at this point. Game sold like shit and would be a piss cheap port.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Square Enix’s glut of “AA” games (like OT2, Live a Live, Diofield, Star Ocean 6, Theatrythm etc) are perfect for the Game Pass model.

These games, and more, are thrown out to little advertising and equally little fanfare at full retail pricing during a global financial slowdown. The frequency of releases forces a plurality of consumers to pick and choose some (and in many cases none) and skip the rest.

Hopefully it and others get ported and end up on GP, but even more that SE wake up and see that accepting Sony bribes to stay away from Xbox isn’t working for the majority of smaller releases.

Debating on whether to start Star Ocean 6 or Ni No Kuni 2 next (going to 100% the game before starting the other). I guess SO6 since it’s shorter?

I got every achievement in it. It was pretty good but I enjoyed Danganronpa way more. Also, be prepared:

Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters dated for PS4 and Switch.

New features for these versions include: Switch to old or new soundtrack, NEW FONTS, Turn off random encounters, adjust EXP gain by up to 4x amount.

It is a whopping $75 USD for the whole package. A bit below Sega’s $80 USD for the Etrian Odyssey collection, but these FF games are even older than me lol.

By the way, funny thing, Sega was defending that price point because “there’s lots of content!”

1 Like

Continuing to play Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth.

There’s not much I can actually say without spoiling but this pacing and these character moments are insane and goosebump inducing. This game is a 10/10 so far and I still have a ton more to get through. Prelude to the Fallen and Mask of Deception did a lot of build-up and this game is the big pay-off… paying off it certainly is.

Some people like bringing visual novel talk into this thread, I kind of am right now. This game has SRPG battles but most of the game is visual novel. I’ve been thinking about throwing a little “(Now Welcoming Visual Novels!)” or something into the thread’s title, as there is no dedicated thread for them and I don’t feel Xbox has enough for their own thread.

1 Like

That’s the Steam price as well. Bit steep for arguably minimal remasters for games you could have bought for less than €5 throughout the years.

1 Like

Finally, got a new game that I think I’ll be posting a lot of screenshots of lol.

Yep I finally got Ryza 3. It took this long because I had it set to ship alongside Grimgrimoire here, I didn’t mind because now that it’s been a minute since OT2 I’m fully ready for this now.

And welcome to the family, Ryza 3!

5 Likes

What a great-looking collection! Hope to play these one day :grinning:

1 Like

Just saw this and figured I’d post it here because I’m still playing through Mask of Truth and enjoying it extremely

If you’re looking for a very meaty visual novel series to get into (with SRPG battles) then look no further lol. 3 games with one long interconnected story and an awesome cast of characters and peak-of-the-genre story moments.

The story can be the slowest of slow-burns but damn it is good at pulling things off.

The trilogy bundle is probably the best one to get as “Monochrome Mobius” isn’t necessary and is still too recent and expensive (and isn’t part of the trilogy)

Note: Apparently these games have been cheaper than this before, maybe better to wait for the Summer sale but just giving a heads up.

1 Like

Just finished Ni No Kuni, great game with soberb art style and music. Story was also good, pretty emotional at some parts and characters were also good and likeable. Combat may feel little confuse in the beginning, but it gets better over time. There are some combat balance issues as well, but they didnt put me off the game. Overall, great experience and worth the 50 hs I put in it. 9/10 for me.

Now debating if I should go for all achievements or start Persona 5.

Bought one piece odyssey on sale for 28 bucks. Hopefully ships early next week so i can try it out

Wow so soon! I wasn’t expecting to even see this again till June Direct. I might have to hamfist this into my current gaming schedule somehow…

Meet your new dads…

Completely fell off Blade 3 after about 10 hours. I’m praying there’s a Switch 2 version in the future then I’ll go back

100% in NNK is a slog, but still worth it. Took me quite a while but if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I’d also start Persona 5 sooner than later if you want any hope of finishing it before Starfield, etc.

1 Like

Oh man, this scene got to me big time (Mask of Truth)

The first time Haku’s had a shoulder to cry on over the lost of his friend. After donning the mask and name of Oshtor at the end of Mask of Deception he’s had to keep everything bottled up… He reveals everything in secret to Osthor’s mother and she let’s him just… let it all out. Powerful scene.

This game is a gold standard in localization by the way. Damn shame Atlus West doesn’t take on 3rd party localization deals anymore. The English script is beautifully written, heart and soul was put into localizing it, and there are 0 errors. It’s a total whiplash from Atelier Ryza 3 which has an awful amateur localization.

Not my pic:

Thx! Yeah, looks like the cauldron achievement is a crazy grind for craft itens. I got most of the achievements, probably almost getting the 2000 glims too. I think I will fight the guadian of the worlds and call a day. Backlog is insane atm.

So I just started the…3rd palace in Persona 5…does the game ever really pick up the pace or is it kind of like this the entire time?

Plot picks up after 4th dungeon and its a rollercoaster from then on.

I was enjoying it but I dropped off after about 20 hours because the dungeons are just so tedious.