JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Sadly falcom is a small studio and takes long enough porting their game to the west.

Having way too much fun with Fire Emblem Engage right now.

Can someone please tell me how Shin Megami Tensei 5 compares to Persona 5 Royal and P4 Golden? I know that the persona series is more causal where smt is hardcore. Been thinking about picking up Smt 5 on Switch.

SMT in general is much lessā€¦bright? Youā€™re right, theyā€™re hardcore games. SMTV is solid and perhaps the most approachable in the series, but make no mistake - itā€™s still quite hard even on lower difficulty levels. Itā€™s not a breezy fun experience like P4-5.

1 Like

Some NIS America news! Well not for Xboxā€¦ :sweat_smile:, this thread is not just for Xbox though.

Iā€™ll get D7, though Nick said something last week on the podcast that theyā€™re also trying to get Disgaea on GPā€¦ I donā€™t really like the idea of that if itā€™s old titles while all the other platforms enjoy the new game, because we know how that relationship will end up.

Itā€™s strange that the second title here is a compilation of old titles but is not coming to PS4, only PS5 (+Switch and PC).

1 Like

I vaguely remember playing the Rhapsody remake on DS some fifteen years ago, didnā€™t even realize there were sequelsā€¦ I think I beat it but I canā€™t remember anything about it :sweat_smile: Do you have any thoughts on this series

. Ive tried to play many disagaea games in the past and fall off every one of them. Its just one of those series not for me. Same with Fire Emblem.

I asked on the other forum, but wanted to see if I might get a faster answer here:

I have Kakarot on Xbox and want to play the Series X version. Itā€™s my understanding that thereā€™s some issues with that update, maybe related to transferring saves? I havenā€™t started yet so it would be fresh, the game is downloaded and had the X/S badge. Am I safe to start?

I beat the game before this update came out. Iā€™ll check it out in a little bit and see if I have any issues.

Edit: Yup, error. I donā€™t really understand the message but thereā€™s no update available for the game or any alternate version on the store or anything. I see a lot of 1-star reviews saying itā€™s been broken for weeks, too. Best to hold off imo.

1 Like

How is the game? I kind of bought it on a whim.

I think you have to update the game on a Xbox One console and create a new save. After that it should load on your Xbox Series console.

@anon98342452 I could be wrong, but you shouldnā€™t have any issues when start a new game.

2 Likes

My fav dbz game ever. Absolutely fucking loved this game. People complained about the boring worlds but i didnt give a shit. I just loved flying around as piccolo or goku or whoever doing dumb dbz shit and reliving the anime. The combat system was servicable but still decent and fun.

Would love to play it again with the 4k 60fps update. Might do that someday.

Pretty fun if youā€™re a big DBZ nerd. The license aside, itā€™s decent but not revolutionary. To give you an idea, Iā€™m a pretty big fan but decided against buying the DLC despite hearing good things about it, even when it was relatively cheap. Might be because I mainlined it, but I was a bit bored of the combat by the 80% mark and thereā€™s a lot of combat!

Ah, that makes sense. Too bad I gave away my Xbox One when I traded up!

Tbh Iā€™ve never been a big DBZ fan. But this game had a sirenā€™s song that called to me. Hoping itā€™s not super long, just wrapped up Greedfall from the backlog so i wanted to work on another rpg.

Another one: anyone familiar with Sakura Wars? I see itā€™s on sale on PSN and Iā€™ve heard good things. It just looks VERY animeā€¦

Itā€™s a dating visual novel with action combat system.

If you like dating visual novels, you will love it. Combat is just secondary.

Not my type of game. Itā€™s okay I guess.

1 Like

This is the gameā€™s biggest downfall I think. The originals had fun and engaging SRPG battles with flashy special moves. Yeah the battles were still super easy but they were fun to play. SW PS4 replaced them with very lame ā€œMusouā€ type action combat that isnā€™t very satisfying.

I also enjoyed the art and characters of the original more too.

Itā€™s a decent game though (the PS4 game), the characters are decent and the graphics are nice. Again, itā€™s one of those ā€œMostly VN with some battles now and thenā€ kind of games. It was an underperformer for Sega though which is why it never left PS4.

Iā€™m not really into the franchise, but I think the switch from SRPG to hack n slay was a mistake.

@anon98342452, I saw on my dashboard today that Bamco shared an image saying they were working on the Kakarot save issue so theyā€™re at least acknowledging it.

Thanks! I actually booted it up yesterday after some of you were kind enough to respond and it seems fine? Itā€™s a fresh game mind, not trying to continue a save from last gen. Does this follow the Z anime? If I can get the story compressed into say 25-40 hours Iā€™d be very happy. Zero desire to watch a ton of those episodes.

1 Like