Joseph Staten back in charge of Halo's Campaign

If 343 are just ‘trying to finish the graphics’ with this delay than it shouldn’t be longer than a 4 month delay.

A good move either way getting him back on the team be it long term or short term. Looking forward to the campaign probably next November if I were to guess. I don’t see this delay being a short 3-6 month one.

I highly doubt the delay is to ‘finish the graphics.’ The post talked about ‘critical work’ so it sounds like the actual game needs to be finished. Besides, if the game was going to be completed by November, but the graphics looked the same, the game would have been released.

little can he do creatively. he is being brought on board to make sure the team ship the game.

It’s no coincidence that he has been brought on for the campaign and Hintez for the multiplayer. It is all about getting the game to the finish line now and 343i do say this in their blog.

Nope reconfirmed 2021

As long as it’s an experienced hand to steady the rudder and keep them on track and not a new person to redisign the campaign because it was a mess. Then i guess it’s good news.

343 is a mess, and have done nothing to change my opinions regarding them. I’m betting we see some massive changes at the top there in the next year or two. And if you are bringing someone in at the last second, things are certainly not rosy behind the scenes.

Fantastic news. Really happy he’s involved.

I really get the impression there were deeper issues with this game and that 343i leadership is on thin ice with MS.

Oh ok.

Yep they know they are being watched now

1 Like

Marketing pushing ahead without the OK of the game’s leadership likely meant ppl in those leadership roles were had their jobs become increasingly difficult.

This isn’t super common afaik, but it’s great news anyhow. It’s weird that so many are reacting to an objectively good turn of events by focusing on the problem that it is intended to solve more than the positive outcome it will bring.

It boggles the mind how a company with seemingly endless resources couldn’t finish this game to a high standard in 5 years. You see smaller studios putting out more quality with less resource and less time.

1 Like

Rand Al Thor 19 has said that their fiscal year ends June 30th, 2021. Does anyone know for certain?

Making a new engine alongside the game is really daunting not to mention with how ambitious the game is plus the obvious issues behind the scenes and with covid on top of it no wonder why game aint finished

3 Likes

Probably the best Halo news I’ve heard in a while, if they would’ve announced this on the day of the original delay notice, it would’ve went down a lot smoother for most I’d bet.

Probably maybe this was very recent

I think they wanted to bite off more than they could chew.

1 Like

The lynching of 343 is out of control at this point. They bit off more than they could chew, during a lead up to a new console launch, trying to stagger both console gen’s tech and were crafting what would have been the most important launch title arguably in history (for better or worse). Add to that the fact that COVID struck right as they were set to spend months adding polish.

The way ppl are just dreaming up some hellscape to stand in for the dev cycle here is really strange. Nobody acts this way when other games are delayed. Ppl need to chillax, lol.

7 Likes

For real im really sick of it there is issues behind the scenes but people are blowing it way out of proportion chill the heck out the recent moves tell me that 343i and Microsoft have a genuine commitment to making a quality product at release if they didn’t they wouldn’t of delayed the game

im really sick of the negativity it annoys me just let them concentrate on polishing up the game its obvious its nearly done they need to finish up polishing up everything Nothing more to it

3 Likes