Jim Ryan when asked about responding to gamepass “ There is actually news to come, but just not today”; Unsure if Starfield is coming to PS5

Starfield and TES6 technically never announced what platforms they’d be on. We’ve only see teaser trailers for them back in 2018. Everyone just assumed they’d be on the normal platforms ei Xbox, Playstation, PC etc

It’s not that I really want to deprive PlayStation-only players of Bethesda-published titles, far from it. However, I do want to see my preferred platform flourish, and I can’t see that happening if Xbox doesn’t hold on to exclusivity when/where it makes sense to.

To put it simply, I want to play on Xbox; I don’t want to play on a PlayStation using a Game Pass app. Anything that possibly jeopardizes Xbox’s future as a platform is not something I can get behind.

2 Likes

The press never seem to really push Jim Ryan as much as they come for Phil Spencer.

So he knows he can get away double speaking and straight up contradicting himself.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much I believe Jim Ryan considering how he tends to say what he thinks people want to hear. Someone could ask him if there were any plans for the PS5 to cook you delicious bacon and he’d probably imply it was a future possibility.

That said this is acknowledgement that from Sony that GP is a positive thing in the gaming world. If Sony does come out with their own version at least all of the GP “concern” will finally go away.

1 Like

- What do you think about the rising prices for console games, with some companies flirting with offering titles for $70 apiece?

• If you look at the history of price increases for console video games, it’s a relatively modest one. There hasn’t been an increase for really quite some time. And the trend that we’ve seen from certain publishers to offset the significant increases [in the costs] of making a game for PS5 and other next generation consoles doesn’t seem to me to be unreasonable. If you look at our category of entertainment on a dollars or rubles per hour of entertainment basis, video games look very cheap. Even in Russia, we don’t just take the US dollar price and adjust it to the exchange rate, we try to do what’s right for the Russian gaming community.

Yeah increasing prices in Europe and UK at 80 euros and 70 pounds is definitely what’s right for the European gaming community especially at today’s economic climate.

This guy…

Yeah, the price increases for the UK and mainland Europe is just straight up price gouging when you compare the exchange rates to the US dollar.

1 Like

Game press never really has been combative ever. In this industry you could never get away with that. Kotaku has been blacklisted by Bethesda ever since the Fallout 4 leaks. It’s not in anyone’s interest.