Jeff Grubb podcast: there will probably be a Bethesda event after deal conclusion

I just dont understand some people/media they keep going on about how Xbox needs more exclusive then they bought Bethesda to help with that then they go around saying MS nees PS or its not fair for PS fans not to get games like Starfield and Doom anymore but when Sony does it they always say what a great business move it is why doesnt Xbox do these type of moves

1 Like

They need Xbox to have more exclusives but they don’t want it to. :thinking:

1 Like

He’s 100% in the know.

3 Likes

The best part was when PS fans were talking about Jeff Grubb and how he knew about Sony’s events and stuff last year. Then he began to talk a bit too much about what Xbox was doing and then…radio silence. He’s barely mentioned these days, although he’s doing great work and knows his stuff…Go figure.

Yup

I got ya covered

1 Like

He thinks all bethseda games will be exclusive

Rand has pretty much always said that. I have said it since September 22nd.

1 Like

It makes sense especially since sony will literally pay to prevent games from appearing on Xbox

1 Like

Agreed.

It’s the obvious thing to do

Jez was saying he’s not completely sure because there’s a chance Microsoft would hate the press reaction. And I’m here like then what the fuck were they thinking the gold hike would do? That the entire industry would just embrace it with open arms? No, they got absolutely trashed by everyone. So if they were able to be OK with that before making the decision and making the decision to reverse, they must be OK with pissing a couple people off about what’s simply reasonable to do now that you literally own the goddamn studios and games and IP.

1 Like

The reason why MS bought Bethesda is to stop the press from saying shit like Xbox has no games and they need exclusives lol. Even if the press had a huge hissy fit it would only be for a week then once Starfield comes out they’ll have another hissy fit then it will just die off. I find it a bit dumb they’ll factor in the bad press they’ll get when working out if the games will be exclusive or not. I can understand if the last game of the trilogy comes to multiplatform because MS are that type that wouldn’t want to be a pure for back of a better word cunt lol but after that all exclusive. I think even the MMO’s could be exclusive depending on how well Xbox sells.

1 Like

Considering the timing of the “Event”. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a tech and ecosystem focused GDC stream where Microsoft will “welcome” Bethesda, then outlay their ecosystem and tech for Gamestack and Game Pass going forward and re-assuring PC users iD is going to still be embracing Vulkan API just as much as Dirext X 12 Ultimate. Maybe if Microsoft has another acquisition or two, they will announce it there. But I only expect a developer/publisher/business focused stream than a gamer focused stream.

Tbh, the reason they want acquire Bethesda/Zenimax is that they know for a successful subscription service they need a constant flow of heavy hitters on there. Bethesda/Zenimax provides that with their set of studios and IPs. The perception change with some news outlets and communities is just a by-product. Another by-product people don’t talk as much is that the footprint on mobile will also get a big push.

2 Likes

This is perhaps what will happen at max.

Sooo nothing really noteworthy enough to require “rumors” or “leaks” lol, this was bound to happen anyway. Obsidian did it, InXile did it, Double Fine did it, Ninja Theory did it, Compulsion did it.

4 Likes

Ah, damn. That’s probably going to be it. Anything games related will probably be kept for summer then.

I do hope they just come right out of the gate in a video like this and lay out the full plan. We really do need that and I’m sure Xbox+Bethesda has that plan ready.

1 Like

Maaaaan, fuck a press reaction anyway. Had Sony done this I don’t believe for a second that would have been the case. I honestly can’t believe that’s why MS would make such a drastic decision, nah. Would absolutely be crazy. Sure, the headlines will be somewhat ugly at first, who cares? It’ll die down and then people with PS that truly really want to play the games will find a way.

I like to believe Jeff knows a bit more about the details than Jez here.

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m thinking, wish people wouldn’t hype up every single little thing because I can just see it now people saying “BORING SHOW US ALL UR GAMEZ NAOW”

1 Like