Its never been more clear that MS needs to bring back Banjo

Playful would be currently the best option.

Having said that, Moon have openly said they’d do it if asked.

Yeah remakes + next iterations are the way to go. Worked wonders for Activision and Crash/Spyro.

They could put Playful, Moon and Playtonic into them

Honestly just give Toys for Bob a shot at making a new Banjo, crash 4 looks great with high production value and has been getting amazing reviews, that 60 dollar tag wasn’t a good decision tho.

Another studio I could see doing banjo is asobo. They’ve made alot of Disney games in the past that were pretty good and those would of been under a small budget. With proper funding I could see them doing a amazing banjo

Seriously? Remake? No. Did we go so long without BK to play the “same thing”? I definitely prefer a new BK game

That would be amazing!

So I kinda agree. Look at playstation and they have a lot of child/family mascots and look back to Xbox and we have like Masterchief, etc but not many mascots for children/family gamers. They have done with Lucky’s Tales, but that’s not enough. Something like, say Banjo would be a head in the right direction.

It seems like Crash 4 has been a sales flop, so I wouldn’t expect Microsoft to be eager to do it soon.

More than half of Bethesda’s games they’ve released have been sales flops but MS still bought them because they make quality games for Game Pass. Sales projections aren’t going to dictate what games Xbox developers from this point on.

A Banjo remake/re-imagining can sell 0 copies, as long as it drives people to Game Pass that’s all MS cares about.

So far, Xbox hasn’t had any of that faith in Banjo since Nuts n Bolts. No idea why their mind would change now.

Anyway, if they were gonna do it, Gwars fir Breakfast is the right team. A Hat in Time was much better than Yooka-Laylee.

Bringing back Banjo Kazooie makes sense because it attracts people who are not traditionally interested in the Xbox ecosystem (the Nintendo fans). Never mind Crash 4. Activision was silly to charge $60, release as current-gen only the month before new consoles, and exclude Switch/PC at launch. It should have been the beginning of the 3D platformer renaissance, but alas. Maybe Sackboy will fade better.

They literally brought back BattleToads of all games lol but somehow Banjo is out of the question especially after the reaction he got from being in Smash :joy:

Don’t take it so personal, man… Jeez.

If Battletoads was as expensive of a project as a 3D Banjo would be, I don’t think we’d have seen them back either. Now if you’re proposing a 2D Banjo, ok. And if that’s the case, then Playful would be a good pick, Impossible Lair was very good.

1 Like