Its never been more clear that MS needs to bring back Banjo

There are plenty of external devs though even Playtonic admitted they’d love to do another Banjo game and would probably be more willing to do so after Impossible Lair was a commercial dud

Literally the Sam Fisher of the xbox IP’s right now, its in everything but its own new game.

1 Like

If they were to bring Banjo back, it would have to be a collaboration between Rare, Playtonic and The Stamper Bros and of course Grant Kirkhope would need to return for the music. DoubleFine could be thrown in for some support. I personally don’t want a Banjo Kazooie game for the sake of having one, but would appreciate one with high stakes or possibly revisit the idea of Banjo X.

1 Like

lmao Exactly

I don’t necessarily need Banjo, but an amazing 3D Platformer for Xbox would be great

2 Likes

Agree OP. We’re suckers for nastalgia and platforming has been an under-served genre for awhile. Microsoft doesn’t just need to bring it back. They need to find the right partner. I hope we get a high quality, top of the genre effort if it’s using the Banjo license. No halfway attempts.

2 Likes

I think Playtonic will do it (with Rare’s assistance). My bet is that’s already in the works.

They said last November that they would love to work on Banjo-Kazooie again.

Also this (from last year). Even if they denied, I still believe something is happening.

It’s time for Banjo to return.

If they release a new Banjo-Kazooie on both Xbox and Switch (day one or timed-exclusive), there is no doubt it would be a success.

I’m not a fan because I never played a Banjo Kazooie game except Nuts and Bolts (and I liked it), but I have some questions:

Yooka & Laylee dindn’t have a good receivement so how would you bring back a new Banjo? Have collecthaton games and players still any interest in these kind of games? If a new Banjo would be made and it isn’t a collecthaton and/or change completly the gameplay in comparision to the originals, would you be happy with that? Because I constantly read people getting angry with Nuts & Bolts, for example.

That’s really sad…Impossible Lair was a really fantastic game and launched at a great price too. I’d love to see MS collaborate with Playtonic on a 2D Βanjo Kazooie spin-off while Double Fine is working on a 3D BK game.

right now mascot platformer is hot but by the time MS makes a banjo would it be too late?

Its never too late, if the game is good people will play it

I really want Psychonauts 2 to do extremely well (and I’m confident it will). That could be an amazing, unique 3D platformer franchise for Xbox. Contrarily, I wouldn’t want them to milk these games because they’re so heavily narrative reliant so just making it a franchise like Mario or Banjo where story matters fuck all and it’s all about the platforming fun makes it meaningless and tiring.

They need the right developer. Double Fine could make it, but they want to create something new on their own.

I still would love a deal with Nintendo. Make it a Nintendo/xbox collaboration coming for both consoles and day one on xboxgamepass. @XboxP3 PLEASE

1 Like

Wish Phil Spencer would get the hint that the demand is there but man year after year, I keep waiting and nothing. Playtonic Games wants to make it so why not partner with them, give them a decent budget and new engine tools and let them go to work? Xbox absolutely NEEDS more titles like Banjo-Kazooie. Give us a remake collection and Banjo-Threeie. The Smash Brothers Banjo-Kazooie trailer has more views (10+ million) then nearly all Xbox related videos in recent years. The demand is there and the time is now!

This thread made post of the week for Xbox news weekly.

Anyway yeah I agree. Platformers are doing great now and it would nice to see MS take them on. They have the character and an amazing world. They just need the studio and the funding. Both of which they now have.

3 Likes

I think they should start with a full blown remake of the original.

Then partner up with Nintendo to make a third game. Or let Double Fine do it.

1 Like

Yeah, a long time has passed since the XBLA ports, let alone the originals. Release a collection not unlike the Crash and Spyro trilogies with a new engine, then use it as a way to raise interest for a sequel.

1 Like

I don’t see Tim Shaefer’s team doing it. They barely like doing sequels to their own stuff. They also like things to get really weird (in a good way). Banjo doesn’t feel weird enough.

It’s really hard to pinpoint a good candidate to take a shot at the franchise. There hasn’t been a lot of high production value platformers over the past decade. Feels like the best bet is for Rare to partner with a studio like Playful. Partner with a studio who understands good platforming mechanics but have someone familiar with the franchise oversee the characters, story, etc.

1 Like

Some Auto-HDR gameplay of Banjo in the twitter link

1 Like

Banjo looked amazing on the 360. I just didn’t enjoy playing it as much as I hoped.